Hello from Vancouver island, bc, Canada. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2017, 11:40 AM   #1

Name: Leon
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Hello from Vancouver island, bc, Canada.

Hello everyone,

My name is Leon and I recently purchased a 1980 Trillium 1300 trailer. I have a 2009 Toyota Tacoma that I will be using for towing. I am in the process of doing work on the trailer and I look forward to sharing photos with you in the future. Looks like a great friendly site. Thank you and all the best.

Leon.
Leon Trillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:00 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Leon, and congratulations on your new trailer! I'll look forward to those pictures. Happy camping!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:34 AM   #3

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Welcome Leon,
You can find useful documents for your renovations, in the following section on this site:

Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Trillium
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:11 AM   #4

Name: Chester
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Howdy and welcome from just across the border.
chetandren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:16 AM   #5

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Hello, Leon, welcome to FGRV! We love photos!

Vancouver Island--man, you're already there! Lovely place, from stem to stern!

BEST
Kai in Seattle
Old 01-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #6

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Welcome Leon! Ask any questions you wish here and there will be someone with an answer for you on how to deal with an issue! My first question was how to remove the body of my Trillium from the frame to repair the frame itself. (six bolts , propane lines & wires ) Better to ask from someone who has done it before,so much easier! Duane
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #7

Name: Tom
British Columbia
Smile 80 trillium

Did you buy your 80 trillium in Victoria , and dose it need lots of work to get ready for the up coming camping season. If so I may have a few thing that was in that trailer before I sold it two years ago

Tom
caderider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #8

British Columbia
Hello again everyone,

thank you for welcoming me to the site and looking forward to being apart of all the great things FGRV has to offer, cheers.

Leon.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:13 PM   #9

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by caderider1 View Post
Did you buy your 80 trillium in Victoria , and dose it need lots of work to get ready for the up coming camping season. If so I may have a few thing that was in that trailer before I sold it two years ago

Tom
Hello Tom, yes I purchased my trailer in Victoria which is your old trailer (I picked it up for quite a bit less than the original asking price) your name and info is still on the bill of sale. The price in my opinion was still a little high but due to living Vancouver island I did't have much selection to choose from. No other used Trilliums were for sale at that time on the island or nearby on the mainland and I was set on a Trillium. The trailer does require quite a lot of work (fiberglass repairs especially) but I figured if I got it now it would give me plenty of time to have it ready for spring. I was pretty keen on the year (1980) because I liked a few particular things about this year, i.e. the converter, the large gap in the middle of the bench (which will become a small dinning area) whereas other years have a solid bench all the way across. Also it's minor but I prefered the light cream color fiberglass interior instead of the green fiberglass interior but that is just my personal opinion.

I am curious what parts you have and I also appreciate you reaching out to contact me. The trailer requires:

Front window cover
new door hinges
Coleman furnace observation cap (part no 7660-3661)
Coleman furnace metal vent cover
Doorlock bargam L-300 (likely replacing with part no 31158-01-k)

Feel free to PM me as I unfortunately did not receive any history about the trailer when it was purchased, I don't know what you sold it for and not sure if I want to know, haha.

Thanks,
Leon.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:48 PM   #10

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Hi Leon,

Welcome. This is a very helpful and friendly site.

We would love to have you join us for our Christmas in June Fiberglass Meetup, on the 9th to 11th, at Living Forest in Nanaimo. If you want more info pm me or check out our Facebook page and look under events.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:30 PM   #11

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Leon did you buy the one for sale for $7000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Trillium View Post
Hello everyone,

My name is Leon and I recently purchased a 1980 Trillium 1300 trailer. I have a 2009 Toyota Tacoma that I will be using for towing. I am in the process of doing work on the trailer and I look forward to sharing photos with you in the future. Looks like a great friendly site. Thank you and all the best.

Leon.
: looked like a nice trailer but still required some tlc.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:40 PM   #12

British Columbia
Kai one must have the other to be a ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Hello, Leon, welcome to FGRV! We love photos!

Vancouver Island--man, you're already there! Lovely place, from stem to stern!

BEST
Kai in Seattle
: you need the port and starboard to go anywhere.
But your right it is nice on the Island, some of those pictures I sent you came from there and the best ones I have are the winter pictures.
Stude
Old 01-15-2017, 10:30 PM   #13

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Claire View Post
Hi Leon,

Welcome. This is a very helpful and friendly site.

We would love to have you join us for our Christmas in June Fiberglass Meetup, on the 9th to 11th, at Living Forest in Nanaimo. If you want more info pm me or check out our Facebook page and look under events.
Hello Claire,

thank you for the kind welcome and the the meet up in June sounds fun. I'll get in touch when the dates are closer to see how my schedule is doing. Thanks again and all the best

Leon.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:37 PM   #14

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
: looked like a nice trailer but still required some tlc.
Stude
Hello Peter,

Yes that was the trailer going for $7000, originally it was going for $8000. I picked it up eventually for $6000 in December and it does require a lot of tlc. In the process of working on it now and excited to have it finished soon.

Cheers,
Leon.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:52 PM   #15

British Columbia
Great bargaining for you on that one.

Quote:
Hello Peter,

Yes that was the trailer going for $7000, originally it was going for $8000. I picked it up eventually for $6000 in December and it does require a lot of tlc. In the process of working on it now and excited to have it finished soon.

Cheers,
Leon.
:sounds like your going to spending a bit of time in Tofino with a wet suit and a board.
We try to come over once a year for a few days and spend them at the Best Western near Tofino, used to come with MH but it costs us way over $150 each way now so just does not pay but we get almost free at Best Western using Air Miles. Though now have family in Nanaimo and a friends in Parksville. SO makes bring the MH over more often.
Stude
Old 03-15-2017, 01:39 PM   #16

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by caderider1 View Post

Tom
Hello Tom,

Please contact me reference the furnace cover. I've tried messaging you a few times lately but no response. If you have no interest in mailing the cover which is originally from the trailer then please let me know and I'll try to make a custom one. Thank you.

Leon.
Vancouver island, BC, Canada
Old 03-15-2017, 11:03 PM   #17

Name: Tom
British Columbia
Quote:
Hello Tom,

Please contact me reference the furnace cover. I've tried messaging you a few times lately but no response. If you have no interest in mailing the cover which is originally from the trailer then please let me know and I'll try to make a custom one. Thank you.

Leon.
I HAVE NOT COME ACROSS THAT COVER YET. I HAVE LOTS OF BOXES FULL OF ITEMS TO UN PACK YET. THAT MAY TAKE TIME AS I AM TRYING TO GET MY NEW GARAGE BUILT ( STILL WAITING FOR A PERMIT ) , SO I CAN MOVE AND UNPACK ALL OF MY STUFF IN THE GARAGE . when I DO COME ACROSS IT I WILL SEND YOU A MESSAGE.

TOM
caderider1 is offline   Reply With Quote