Hello from Virginia - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #21

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita Spirit Delux
Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth G View Post
Hello fellow Members from Virginia. Please let me know of any great campgrounds that you find.

There is a wonderful local campground near me, close to Williamsburg VA. Its called chickahominy riverfront park. The campsites are on bluffs overlooking the river. Can get crowded when there are festivals in the park, but also can be quiet and lovely.

I'm all for a Virginia fiberglass rally. It would be lovely in the fall, in the mountains, when the leaves are changing color.
Hi Ruth....I lived in Richmond for twelve years and am very famiiar with the Chickahominy river. In fact I was the first president of the Chickahominy Bassmasters. The camp ground you mentioned must be new (I have been gone from there for 30+ years). I fished out of Ed Allens Marina on the lake and the Hidwawy Marina on the river. Like you I would like to see a FGRV Va. rally. TomB
TomB44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #22

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB44 View Post
Hi Ruth....I lived in Richmond for twelve years and am very famiiar with the Chickahominy river. In fact I was the first president of the Chickahominy Bassmasters. The camp ground you mentioned must be new (I have been gone from there for 30+ years). I fished out of Ed Allens Marina on the lake and the Hidwawy Marina on the river. Like you I would like to see a FGRV Va. rally. TomB
Hey Tom, as a BassMasters kinda guy, are you familiar with the State-run campground(s) at Smith Mtn. Lake? That would be picturesque and sort of centrally located in the State.

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #23

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita Spirit Delux
Virginia
Registry
Smith Mt. Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
Hey Tom, as a BassMasters kinda guy, are you familiar with the State-run campground(s) at Smith Mtn. Lake? That would be picturesque and sort of centrally located in the State.

Froggie
Froggie...by the way what the heck is your name,,I have fished Smith Mt. Lake but I have never visited the campgrounds. The question I have is how would we go about reserving the campgrounds for a rally? Would we just set a date and anyone who wanted to attend would make their own reservations? I'll do a little research and see how many camp sites they have and the rate. According to my list the cost would be $25.00 water/elec. There is also a $5.00 fee for a pet (up to $15.00 for 3 nights). I don't think they have sewer. Tom

It pays to read...hello Charlie
TomB44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #24

Name: James
Trailer: u-haul 13ct
Virginia
Registry
Hey

I don't see any posts about a VA rally since Sept. Did you guys give up on the idea? Has anyone considered James River State Park? It is one of our favorite places ever. Talk about centrally located. This park is practically brand new. The campground has hookups for elec. & H2O no sewer. The campsites are all very level and mostly private. The park has miles of river frontage with canoe rentals. The fishing is excellent. There are miles and miles of multiuse trails (hike,bike,equestrian.) The restrooms and bathouses are new and very clean. The scenery is awesome.
lanegr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #25

Virginia
Registry
James river will probably be our first outing in our U-haul 13ct, it's like coming home for us. We've been there over 20 times sometimes picnicking, sometimes camping, and have stayed in the cabins many times.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #26

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Welcome to the forum Tom and Sandra! This is a friendly group. We welcome your friendship here.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:02 AM   #27

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I really like James River State Park. I vote for a rally there. We went there for a weekend last summer and the kayaking was terrific. It's a gorgeous park. Who's gonna organize the rally? I work every other weekend, so we have to pick the right weekend for me.
Ruth
Ruth G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #28

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Smile James River

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanegr8 View Post
James river will probably be our first outing in our U-haul 13ct, it's like coming home for us. We've been there over 20 times sometimes picnicking, sometimes camping, and have stayed in the cabins many times.
I would love to check out a Park in VA that I have not been to, as I am already familiar with all the non private campgrounds in VA.
Also Doughthat State Park is beautiful, and they have just put in New Section with New Electric Level Sites.
Anthing on the Blue Ridge Parkway or Skyline Drive has No Electric.
My Vote, is to check out James River State Park.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #29

Virginia
Smile Meet & Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
Welcome Tom and Sandra, looks we are picking up quite a few new members from Va. I live near the bay but do most of my fall and winter camping west of Stanton and Harrisonburg. I wanted to take a trip down the Blue Ridge PW this summer but like Froggie said it was too **** hot. Hope to meet you someday.
Eddie
Welcome Tom & Sandra!!!! Posts some pics for us! Thanks.
You must be doing things right to be married that long! Congradulations!
Eddie, Do you go to West VA in the Fall? I go up there for a week in October. Sounds like we are all trying to get a Rally for the Spring...Sounds good to me.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #30

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Always looking for more campgrounds

What are your favorite private campgrounds? Also any off the beaten track, public less well known campgrounds in Virginia?

I'm constantly looking for more places to go camping in Virginia. We've been to many of the state campgrounds, but they make you pay per dog, and with four dogs it adds alot per night. I'm working full time plus, so it's hard to get far away, or go for extended periods of time.

Thanks,
Ruth
Ruth G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #31

Virginia
Registry
dog fee

I thought it one fee for all the dogs. At least thats my story and I'm sticking with it until corrected.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #32

Virginia
Registry
Campgrounds

There is a great campground on Buggs Island Lake near the dam called North Bend Park. It is run by the US Army Corp of Engineers. It is a large park and has super lake activities. Some of the sites are right on the water.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #33

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth G View Post
What are your favorite private campgrounds? Also any off the beaten track, public less well known campgrounds in Virginia?

I'm constantly looking for more places to go camping in Virginia. We've been to many of the state campgrounds, but they make you pay per dog, and with four dogs it adds alot per night. I'm working full time plus, so it's hard to get far away, or go for extended periods of time.

Thanks,
Ruth
Ruth, I think I may Know you. Are you in Williamsburg? Just PM me. I can give you information on places I like and vice versa. I think my friend bought your Scamp. Thanks, Diane
Old 02-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #34

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
welcome. you have some great places to camp and travel over there. in fact if i didn't live in michigan i could be envious of you.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #35

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Smile

Welcome to the group, enjoy your camper.
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #36

Name: richie
Trailer: Casita patriot deluxe (sold)
Virginia
hello all in Va.
I'm Sparky1.
I'm south of Appomattox and have a decent Boondocking Field,I have a 50 amp power receptacle, 150 feet down at the house,there are several State parks Close IE(James River State Park) 40 miles from my door.or Staunton River south of me ,Twin lakes East of me Near Farmville,.Last night I slept in my Casita-what a gorgeous night.
sparky1/rich
sparky1 is offline   Reply With Quote