Hello, I'm a newbie! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: Interior wall covering:
Paint it 1 14.29%
Insulate and cover with rat fur 5 71.43%
Lizard skin 0 0%
1/4" foam and Plether 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2015, 08:55 PM   #1

Name: Lana
Trailer: 1972 Scamp
California
Registry
Hello, I'm a newbie!

My name is Lana. I am refurbishing a 1972 13' Scamp. The PO made a mess of it! They removed all cabinets and driver side structural elements. Holes were everywhere. No exterior or interior lights. No sink either. Wires were everywhere, but led to no where. The only thing ueseable was the table and bed.

I had the exterior professionally repaired and painted. New tires, including spare and a new cover there.

Now my little Pixie is in the shop being fixed up internally. I'm using salvaged materials such as antique sewing machine drawers, instead of building new ones. I'm using salvaged tin ceiling tiles for cabinets fronts, and salvaged wood window shutters as well.... some tin tiles will go on the ceiling.

My plan for the floor is a project I saw on youtube using recycled brown paper bags. The sink is hammered copper, and new counter tops will be beautiful mexican tile.

I don't want to rely on propane for heat, so I ordered a 12"x12" marine wood burning stove (Scamp approved)... which I will also be able to use for cooking during winter trips. Yes, I bought a stove/oven, but that will use the small propane bottles.

I found retro 70's lighting that will be able to run off my solar generators or electricity. I don't want the mess of a fridge, so I invested in a Yeti to store food that needs to be chilled.

I installed a ceiling fan, and without structural support, the roof is starting to sag. But, I found great info here on the forum about how to correct it.

I am planning to use cork for the lower half of the walls, but I'm stuck on what to do for the upper half of the interior walls. Someone suggested plethor, but I like to stay out there and I'm not confident about it not getting ripped/torn. I've read here on the forum about Lizard skin. Has anyone had success with it? This is where I am stuck. Help???

Oh, and how do I post pics?
scampabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #2

Name: Erica
Trailer: In the market
Minnesota
Oh goodness! I sure hope you find out how to add pictures. I'd love to see before and after as well as I progress. Sounds like it's goi g to beautiful!!
iCamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp