Hello I'm Gagan aka EasyTiger - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-02-2016, 12:44 AM   #1

Name: Gagan
Trailer: Hunter Compact II
British Columbia
Hello I'm Gagan aka EasyTiger

Having moved from England to B.C Canada 5 years ago, I've finally convinced the wife, ok begged, to let me get a trailer. Loving the Compact II and the Trails West. Tick all the boxes, height in particular as we have an underground garage. If you see a tall dark Indian with a British accent and his pretty petite wife with a Canadian accent this summer, feel free to say hello and ask to have a look at the trailer, IF that is I manage to find one.

Chin Chin, Gagan
EasyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:50 AM   #2

Name: Bev
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Hi Gagan. Good luck in your search. It took me 2 months to convince my husband that a Boler is better than a tent. Took us just under 2 months and purchased it in November. Waiting for season to begin. Will keep my eye out for you this year.

Bev
Bev G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:44 AM   #3

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Hi, Gagan,

You describe the two of you nicely, hope someday to run into you at a meet or somewhere! If you come down this way, feel free to contact us and come see the shell of our 73 amerigo, still under reconstruction in our driveway near Renton, about 15 miles south of Kirkland and that Campster for $3500.

When you say "Indian," you mean from India? Not "Indian" as we used to call our Native Americans?

Welcome to the FGRV, many of us come here without a camper/rig/trailer, and then over time find something and go from there.

I suggest you find the "buyer's checklist" on this site (if you'll go to "search" and go to the very bottom and type it in, it should help lead you to it--print it out and be SURE to take it with you whenever you look at a used rig.

Something that needs to be or is GUTTED shouldn't be considered "camp-worthy" and should go for about 1/10 the price of a ready rig.

We have a tendency, we glass-lovers, to fall in love with these eggs, and make sacrifices for them.

Just try not to sacrifce too much. While rare, they are out there--and you
have many used rigs up there in Canada, if you'll check with Craigslist every day sooner or later you'll start to see them popping up.

My very best to you and your wife! (How do you pronounce your name?

Hope you take it SLOW and are cautious...it's easier by far to buy a used rig than to fix one that needs a lot...

And when you find your egg, many wishes for great enjoyment!

Kai in Seattle

(Kathleen near Renton)
Paul
The pug girls: Nimble (mamma)
Cinder(ella) (daughter)

The little trailer, "Shelly" a Legacy-type motorcycle fiberglass cargo hauler
The big trailer, current'y "Thistledew" a 1973 vintage amerigo FG-16, currently gutted, under repairs in our driveway.
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:20 PM   #4

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
Hi Gagan,

Took me 15 months to find my egg. Only used this site and Fiberglass-RV-4sale.com. Finally realized I needed to check every single day, early in the day, cause the good ones go so fast. 6 weeks later (last Nov) I got my 1999 Casita 16'. I held out for what I really, really wanted and am so glad I did.

I recommend u go to a rally and get inside some of them before u buy if u can. I thought I wanted 13' until I got in a 16 footer.

I have been to Madras, India. Are u Indian from India or Indian from Great Britain?

FGRVing, Lynn
Old 02-03-2016, 04:47 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
I suggest you find the "buyer's checklist" on this site (if you'll go to "search" and go to the very bottom and type it in, it should help lead you to it--print it out and be SURE to take it with you whenever you look at a used rig.
Hi Gagan, to FiberglassRV!

Here's the Buyer's Check List that Kai referenced. Direct Link: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/d...hp?do=cat&id=5

Best of luck on the egg hunt!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:59 AM   #6

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
In this website you will find a good guide for renovations Boler, if there is ...

Complete Guide to 13′ Boler Fiberglass Trailers

Welcome,
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:29 AM   #7

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Welcome aboard, and the best of luck in your trailer search. Your wife will appreciate your urging her to allow the purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyTiger View Post
...with a Canadian accent.
I gotta say though, that there is no such thing (well, from Ontario west anyway). it is everyone else that talks funny, 'specially those Brits.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:23 AM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Gagan!

Might want to measure the actual clearance in your garage and be prepared to measure (4' board, level, and measuring tape) when you inspect a trailer. Some I've seen sit on raised axles.

My wife is a reluctant camper, too. It took a sharp post-recession rise in the cost of hotels at our favorite beach destination to convince her to try tenting. After that the trailer was an easy sell. Now our kids are my biggest allies! They'd much rather be in a campground than a hotel.

Best wishes!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:08 PM   #9

Name: Gagan
Trailer: Hunter Compact II
British Columbia
Hello Fellow Lovers of The Fiber

Thanks for all the great advice. Recon we have a couple of months till camping season, hopefully will find one before then. Saying that as soon as you see a good one on Craigslist they're gone.

Now for the important stuff; For all you birthers out there /people who are interested in my heritage, I will not be running for President, A. because I'd be awful at it and B. I'm Brindian. Raised in Britain, born in India, the Punjab to be exact, Now living in Canada.

Never been to Madras but MMM do they do a mean curry. Speaking of which, may try some campfire curries this year. Did one once it was dark and I couldn't really see properly with a torch in my mouth, plus the smoke was getting into my eyes. I ended up putting an inordinate amount of chilli powder into the pot. A lot of beer had to be drunk to take that heat away.

Chin Chin
EasyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:28 AM   #10

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Welcome to the the forums Gagan. Your campfire cooking story made me laugh! Good luck with your search!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:04 PM   #11

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyTiger View Post
Hello Fellow Lovers of The Fiber

Thanks for all the great advice. Recon we have a couple of months till camping season, hopefully will find one before then. Saying that as soon as you see a good one on Craigslist they're gone.

Now for the important stuff; For all you birthers out there /people who are interested in my heritage, I will not be running for President, A. because I'd be awful at it and B. I'm Brindian. Raised in Britain, born in India, the Punjab to be exact, Now living in Canada.

Never been to Madras but MMM do they do a mean curry. Speaking of which, may try some campfire curries this year. Did one once it was dark and I couldn't really see properly with a torch in my mouth, plus the smoke was getting into my eyes. I ended up putting an inordinate amount of chilli powder into the pot. A lot of beer had to be drunk to take that heat away.

Chin Chin

Hi, Gagan,

I laughed, too; when you said torch in your mouth, did you mean a flashlight? Sounds like you could almost have lit up the campsite with the heat of your curry! Yeowch!

We like a nice curry, but not that hot!

Kai (& Paul & "the girls")

"That sounds like one hot curry!"
Attached Thumbnails
dolly with bug eyes closeup.jpg