Hello I'm new and have wall covering questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-22-2017, 07:12 AM   #1

Name: Michelle
Trailer: Minit
Utah
Hello I'm new and have wall covering questions

Hi all!
I am new to this forum and new to having a fiberglass trailer. Just picked up a Minit, have gutted the whole thing, fiberglassed all rivot holes and imperfections (thanks to this forum) and finished painting it Saturday. I've attached pictures for all to see. I LOVE it!
I definitely have questions regarding the interior walls.

I bought vinyl wall covering to go over the reflectix but I am nervous to start applying since the corners are rounded. Anyone have a good way to do this?

Also not sure it if would look best running vertically or horizontally on the walls and the upholstery store lady mentioned overlapping the seams about 1/2"? Thoughts?

Also do you apply the vinyl and then install the windows or is it best to install windows and bump vinyl up to the window seal?

Appreciate any info!!!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2457.jpg   IMG_2458.jpg  

IMG_2531.jpg   IMG_2530.jpg  

IMG_2525.jpg  
Compton311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:02 AM   #2

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Hi Michelle,
Welcome to the forum! Your Minit looks great, what a fantastic job so far.
I replaced the interior in my Boler a couple of years ago. I was fortunate enough to be able to use the original material as a pattern when I installed the new headliner. The corner pieces in my trailer were cut into pie shapes to fit without buckling in the material. I am not sure how I would have managed this without the originals though. Hopefully, somebody else has a solution.
As for the windows. Since you just painted and they are out, I would install the interior first. That is what I did, for 2 reasons: first it allowed me to cut out the window holes after I installed the headliner on the wall (much easier to manage a solid piece than it is to move around a cut sheet); second, If the interior covering is behind the window frame it is a much cleaner, more finished look.
Best of luck on your project, have fun and post lots more pics!
Jay
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote