Hello! New member looking for first trailer! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-09-2018, 08:11 AM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: In the market
Massachusetts
Hello! New member looking for first trailer!

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and to trailer camping...I'm fed up with spending $$$ on vacation rentals that have roaches...smoke detectors that go off at 3:18 am...no air conditioning...etc.

I'm ready to break free and looking for a small trailer I can tow with my Highlander. I'm not afraid of some renovation, as long as the frame and shell are OK.

I'm in MA and will drive out to NY/PA/NJ and throughout New England on my quest.

Best wishes,

Mark
MarkLat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Highlander tow ratings range from 1500 pounds to 5000 pounds depending on year and equipment. Start by reviewing the towing section of your owner's manual. If necessary, a dealer can use the VIN to determine what equipment yours has. Some things can be upgraded aftermarket, but not all.

Once you know the tow rating of your vehicle, the thread "Trailer Weights in the Real World" in the General Chat section has some good data on what different fiberglass trailers weigh once you load them up. Post #297 links to a spreadsheet.

That'll help you narrow down your search.

Best wishes in your "egg hunt"!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 1985 13 ft Burro
JAMES IS LOOKING

I have an excellent 1985 BURRO [13 ft] . I have spent considerable time and effort as really a fun project.It is ready to go right now. Weight is 960 lbs unloaded.I am in western New York, between Rochester and Buffalo.You will not go wrong with this little gem. I really regret having to sell this unit.Price is $6250 but we can talk about it you are really interested. 585 638 5685
Al POGUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:05 PM   #4

Name: Paul
Trailer: Casita
Rhode Island
Scamp in RI

Hi I have a 1981 13' Scamp with a new axel last week. It is still a bit of a project but a sturdy usable unit. I have too many projects presently so will sell for amount invested. Paul 401-662-7916
Murph45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #5

Massachusetts
Thanks Jon!
Old 08-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLat View Post
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and to trailer camping...I'm fed up with spending $$$ on vacation rentals that have roaches...smoke detectors that go off at 3:18 am...no air conditioning...etc.
Mark,

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your egg hunt. Just be sure to watch out for the mosquitos by those beautiful lakes, the mud wasps in the furnaces, and especially those pesky propane detectors that seem to go off without warning in these little trailers!

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:55 AM   #7

Massachusetts
Lol thanks!