Hello, new, questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-10-2015, 04:48 PM   #1

Name: david
Trailer: currently shopping
Tennessee
Hello, new, questions

New member here, name is David.

I have been looking online at fiberglass 'egg'/small campers but have not found one local enough to be able to see one in person.

I see that there is a rally in Cherokee next weekend. My questions are simple. i would like to see some trailers in person. are people generally open to the idea of letting someone look around? Are their usually any for sale?

Thanks any suggestion.
estenceler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:04 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, David!

Attending a rally is usually one of the first suggestions I make, and yes, most welcome visitors. Some even have a time set aside for open house tours.

Your best next step is to contact the event coordinators. There's probably a thread going in the Rallies section. You should be able to find contact information in the thread.

Best wishes in your quest!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #3

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
If you want to come to the Charlotte / Statesville NC area to see a Scamp 16 let me know.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:50 AM   #4

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi David,

I am pretty new to this website and have been researching RVs for about 13 months with my primary focus on FG rigs since about mid-summer. Because of the helpful folks on this forum, my DW and I attended our first rally last weekend (Land Between the Lakes Fall Rally in Dover, TN). We only spent one night, but got the chance to see our first FG rigs. We had a blast. Not only did we get to see rigs during the Open House, but we were invited to attend the potluck, mini-workshops, and evening campfires. I was told the best way to see FG rigs is to attend a rally. AGREED! In fact, my DW and I would love to go to Cherokee, but we have a senior in high school and I work in a university setting, so the middle of October is tough for us. Next year, as empty nesters, we plan to hit more rallies. If you can work it out, GO! At this point in our research phase, window shopping and actually getting in these rigs is important. However, what was most important for Laura and I were the friends that we made at the Rally as well as the wonderful expert resources on this forum. GO to Cherokee and report back regarding your thoughts and experiences!

Take care,

Dean
DeanCHS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:30 AM   #5

Name: Dan
Trailer: SOLD - Lil Snoozy 2014
East Tennessee
We would be proud to show you our Fiberglass Lil Snoozy at the Cherokee Egg Rally, October 15t-18th at campsite 911.

Dan and Rita
HomeCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #6

Name: R.T.
Trailer: Big Foot
Georgia
Hello David, They will have open house next Saturday at the Cherokee Rally. There's going to be several different brands participating. You should go and check it out. It will start around 10 am.

RT
dblcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:44 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
David, you'll find that fiberglass owners are about the friendliest campers around! We love to give tours of our eggs. Welcome to the group
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote