Hello - we are getting a Lil Snoozy! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #15

Name: Keith
Trailer: Not yet
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie B in NC View Post
After reading and learning so much on this website, Lee and I went to SC and visiting the Lil Snoozy factory. Richard Mickle, Alan Smoak, and Nicholas Smoak all welcomed us and we had a blast! Alan has so much knowledge and talks a mile a minute. Although Nicholas is not directly in the company anymore, he was there and told us all about designing the unit. After getting all the information (given in a folksy country but knowledgeable way), Lee and I silently looked at each other and Lee pulled out his checkbook! Expected delivery is about 3-4 weeks. We are completely new to this activity and will be asking people for advice along the way.

First question: someone mentioned somewhere about when they picked up their Snoozy, they camped nearby for a couple of days to check it out before heading home. Since we live about 250 miles away, this seems like a good idea. Can someone recommend a good campground near St. Matthews? I see ones on the web, but personal recommendation is always better. I have never been in an RV campground and have no criteria by which to judge one. Can anyone advise us? Thanks.
Will you share how you ordered it? What lay out and options?

Thanks

Old 09-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #16

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
I will try to say what we ordered - everything seemed to be moving so fast and Alan, Nicholas, Richard, and my husband were all talking a mile a minute (I guess I was running my mouth also) that it all seems a blur. We ordered an extra picture window over the counter and an extra window over the bed to get cross-ventilation and make everything lighter. This was the layout Susie in Oak Ridge has and it impressed me. We got the mag wheels and spare tire. We got the generator bracket but are going to buy the actual Honda generator in nearby Wake Forest from a Honda dealer as he will be available for any warranty and service issues (talked to him yesterday). We got the microwave mounted and wired with separate breaker. Finally we decided on the Thetford Cassette Toiled mounted and plumbed instead of the standard Thetford port-a-potty.

There are other options we did not choose - hope we made the right choices for us. We paid a deposit (they are asking 25% down now - a bit more than before, but it is all the same in the long run). I was not prepared for quite that much and they gave me a break as it is a new policy, but in the future that is what they will be asking for an order. However, these men seem to be very customer oriented and will work with you so that everyone leaves happy.

Oh - I forgot they include a great mattress and bedding (comforter, bottom queen sheet, 2 pillows, and bed curtains they made from the top sheet). They also include a portable 2 burner electric hot plate, AC, ceramic heater, and hot water heater.

We signed a contract and paid a deposit. Alan estimated 3 weeks, but I really expect it to be longer. This weekend they are attending a show in Greensboro and are hoping for a lot of orders there. By getting our order in this week, we are supposed to be ahead of folks ordering at the show.

Yesterday we went shopping and bought things like hitch lock, towels, a few glasses and bowls, kitchen things (chopping board, knife, etc). It is exciting (like furnishing a new house on a tiny scale), but I am restraining myself to see what is really needed over time as my motto is to be as minimal as possible - I don't like spending a lot of time taking care of "stuff". This is going to be fun. Today is my birthday and my husband says the Snoozy is my present (a pretty good present!).

Old 09-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #17

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
EXCELLENT present! Fun times ahead.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #18

Florida
Quote:
I will try to say what we ordered - everything seemed to be moving so fast and Alan, Nicholas, Richard, and my husband were all talking a mile a minute (I guess I was running my mouth also) that it all seems a blur. We ordered an extra picture window over the counter and an extra window over the bed to get cross-ventilation and make everything lighter. This was the layout Susie in Oak Ridge has and it impressed me. We got the mag wheels and spare tire. We got the generator bracket but are going to buy the actual Honda generator in nearby Wake Forest from a Honda dealer as he will be available for any warranty and service issues (talked to him yesterday). We got the microwave mounted and wired with separate breaker. Finally we decided on the Thetford Cassette Toiled mounted and plumbed instead of the standard Thetford port-a-potty.

There are other options we did not choose - hope we made the right choices for us. We paid a deposit (they are asking 25% down now - a bit more than before, but it is all the same in the long run). I was not prepared for quite that much and they gave me a break as it is a new policy, but in the future that is what they will be asking for an order. However, these men seem to be very customer oriented and will work with you so that everyone leaves happy.

Oh - I forgot they include a great mattress and bedding (comforter, bottom queen sheet, 2 pillows, and bed curtains they made from the top sheet). They also include a portable 2 burner electric hot plate, AC, ceramic heater, and hot water heater.

We signed a contract and paid a deposit. Alan estimated 3 weeks, but I really expect it to be longer. This weekend they are attending a show in Greensboro and are hoping for a lot of orders there. By getting our order in this week, we are supposed to be ahead of folks ordering at the show.

Yesterday we went shopping and bought things like hitch lock, towels, a few glasses and bowls, kitchen things (chopping board, knife, etc). It is exciting (like furnishing a new house on a tiny scale), but I am restraining myself to see what is really needed over time as my motto is to be as minimal as possible - I don't like spending a lot of time taking care of "stuff". This is going to be fun. Today is my birthday and my husband says the Snoozy is my present (a pretty good present!).
Those are the same options I am considering, the only thing I am looking at is the side awning. I wasn’t sold on the mags but they are less weight so Alan steered me that direction. Did you add an outside 110 outlet? I was going to do that on the kitchen window side. Also another question, I heard they now come standard with the rear bumper? Did you see or hear that?

Thanks,
Keith
Old 09-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #19

Alabama
Keith - no one said anything about extra outlets. What would you use it for?

Also - no mention of a rear bumper. Looking at a picture of the Snoozy on a brochure we have and remembering the actual unit, I cannot imagine a bumper. Would it interfere with the step stool or the door?

Next week I will be calling them with a couple of other questions and will ask about a bumper.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #20

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Here's the rear bumper:

Rear Bumper

Watch Your Step

Mine was optional.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #21

NE Oklahoma
I think there is an electric outlet in the storage under the bed.
Of course, all these things can change at any time.
Mine is behind those paper towels. Wouldn't take much to put
one through the shell I don't suppose.

Side angle view
Old 09-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #22

Florida
Quote:
Keith - no one said anything about extra outlets. What would you use it for?

Also - no mention of a rear bumper. Looking at a picture of the Snoozy on a brochure we have and remembering the actual unit, I cannot imagine a bumper. Would it interfere with the step stool or the door?

Next week I will be calling them with a couple of other questions and will ask about a bumper.
A few here have a rear bumper, my last camper had a 110 outlet on the door side of camper. We used it a lot for outside activities lights or watching football games outside or movies next to the fire.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #23

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post
I think there is an electric outlet in the storage under the bed.
Of course, all these things can change at any time.
Mine is behind those paper towels. Wouldn't take much to put
one through the shell I don't suppose.

Side angle view
Yea if there is a plug in that compartment you pictured that would work fine, just open it and plug in.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #24

Florida
I forgot when I said door side that the LS door is in the rear. Our camper had a side door so it was in the area under the awning where you would be sitting out.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #25

Name: Glenn
Trailer: lil snoozy
South Carolina
Our has the outlet outside the kitchen window. I find it very useful. Plug in an extension cord into the tent we use over the picnic table to power toaster, electric frypan, crockpot. I agree that it would be easy to tap into the outlet near the sink and come thru the side. Welcome to Snoozyland. You'll discover things you want/ need as you spend time in the trailer. Alan mentioned that their team are designing a combination wheel well/ bumper thingy that could be retofitted to earlier units once it's in production. I hope to see it one day. I like to keep my Lil Boozy " current " with the changing times. Happy Trails.

When/ where is the rally in Cherokee??
Old 09-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #26

Alabama
I will be calling them Monday or Tuesday to check on something and I will ask about the bumper. After talking about it, we simply cannot remember if the model we saw had a bumper, but do not think it does. I don't remember seeing 2 "watch your step" notices. If it is optional, we may want one (for those backup times) if it is not too expensive. I am getting a list of things to ask.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #27

NE Oklahoma
My bumper has already been really handy.
Backing up by myself in a different spot in the back yard,
I hit a steel fence post and pushed it over a bit.
When I pulled up, the fence post stood back up and I could
not see where I hit it on the bumper. I'm sure I would have
noticed if I had backed into it with the fiberglass.........LOL

As far as I know the bumper is not on the options list.
I saw BAMA's trailer and he had one so I asked for one.
I'm thinking it may have been around $150.00
That was last April.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #28

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151
North Carolina
Registry
rally

There is a thread about the rally. It is at Happy Holiday RV Park between Maggie Valley and Cherokee, NC starting Oct. 17th. About 65 or so rigs signed up already. Great place. Ya'll come!