Hello, we are new Bigfoot owners. - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-01-2016, 06:25 PM   #41

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes in the last posting. I didn't check before sending.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:25 PM   #42

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Excellent Kevin. I know April can't come soon enough. Where did you source the chairs?

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
lance abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:41 PM   #43

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Me, Lance. I found a pair on Overstock.com and told him, but in looking to order them to surprise me, he ordered a different set. However, these are nice too and match, according to him, the couch; I doubt mine would have matched. I have to take his word for it; April will be my first look, so we could save funds.

I cannot wiat for April! My birthday present! We will be on the road to get it on my birthday.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:46 PM   #44

Thanks Cindy, and best Birthday wishes in advance. The Silver Cloud is a perfect gift.

Lance

Old 02-03-2016, 10:29 AM   #45

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance abbott View Post
Congratulations. So nice to know that there will be another Silver Cloud on the road. We're currently returning from Florida enroute to home base in British Columbia in ours. If you ever want to compare notes, don't hesitate.

Lance
Lance, would you measure the bed lengths for me? Are they both the same? Looking at the pictures it appears that it is not possible to make one longer if needed.

Liz
Old 02-03-2016, 10:47 AM   #46

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
And please post the bed measurements, Lance, so I can claim the biggest bed, ha, ha . The cats will sleep with me, so I need more space, don't you think? Even Kevin's Ellie will likely sleep with me. She has a mind of her own, and it usually includes stealing MY pillow .

Kevin is counting the days. This AM he informed me that it was 10 weeks and one day until we get the Silver Cloud.

Cindy
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:59 AM   #47

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
We won't do much redecorating at first, other than in the bedroom. The pink is not our taste.
CindyL
Pink? PINK??? I am appalled! THAT is NOT PINK! THAT is 1988 MAUVE. And it's GORGEOUS! Why, we had our 1970 Airstream Safari re-done in that VERY suave Mauve in 1988 from the 1970 electric blue-green! Ha ha ha!!!

It's amazing how dated the fabrics and colors from the late '80s seem today. They were sure trendy at the time tho!

As a two-time former Bigfoot owner (we had our '06 25RB for nine years,) and having restored and remodeled many other trailers over the years, you have done well with this one. You're really going to enjoy the space and Bigfoot construction quality.

Enjoy!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #48

The driver side mattress is 77x33". Passenger side is 80x33. Re: the bunk selection process. I proposed the fit-to-scale argument. It worked for me. Hope that helps.

Just to note that furnace and hot water tank are situated beneath the passenger side bed. Since we don't run those utilities after bedtime that bed could be cool. A mattress warmer solved the problem though.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:07 PM   #49

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance abbott View Post
The driver side mattress is 77x33". Passenger side is 80x33. Re: the bunk selection process. I proposed the fit-to-scale argument. It worked for me. Hope that helps.

Just to note that furnace and hot water tank are situated beneath the passenger side bed. Since we don't run those utilities after bedtime that bed could be cool. A mattress warmer solved the problem though.
Thank you so much Lance! That would work!

Tags
bigfoot