Hello, we are new Bigfoot owners. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-17-2016, 03:43 PM   #1

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Hello, we are new Bigfoot owners.

We need to introduce ourselves. We are new Bigfoot owners. Kevin flew out to Eugene, OR from Chicago this weekend and bought the Bigfoot Silver Cloud that was for sale there. We love our Uhaul VT and are keeping it too, but we are also looking to the future. I have palmar and plantar fibromatosis and need to be in warmer weather in the winter when we retire, and we both love southern FL where we have vacationed the last 4 years.

It needs updating, but plugged in, it worked. I will post pix later when Kevin emails them. Here is the link:1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud 28 Travel Trailer for sale in Eugene, OR

So, there you go. We pick it up in April. The RV place will have it ready by then, so we can tow it home.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
That's a really beautiful trailer. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Hopefully you can visit some of the terrific places we have in the Western States on your way back to Illinois.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #3

Registry
Afraid not. I have to get back to teach. Later.

CindyL
Old 01-17-2016, 04:32 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Very nice, Cindy! You've got a classic that deserves to be preserved and enjoyed. Glad it's staying in the FGRV family. Hope you'll post your updates. I'm sure it'll get attention at the rallies, if you are inclined that way. You know... I've heard of 3'itis and 4'itis... but 12'itis?!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:18 PM   #5

Registry
We needed a new challenge. Driving our Uhaul VT to FL at Christmas behind our new-to-us Ford Expedition was just too easy .

The interior will not stay in pink, but we will not change the design of the camper itself. And anything we do will be done slowly as we see the need and have the funds. The RV place is willing to store it until Kevin has spring break and will work with us to get it ready to be towed back at that time, i.e. brakes, tires, etc.

We are used to attention, Jon. They only made 59 Uhaul VTs, so we get attention when we go to rallies. We won't get the attention on the road anymore though, I am sure; no one offering to buy this one unless they are fiberglass owners. The attention we received on the road with our first 13' Burro became less after we got the VT. No one chased us into a parking lot with the VT . I doubt a comment will happen with this one other than among the fiberglass family. It does not have the "small and cute" appeal.

This camper will be cared for. We see it as our last camper.

CindyL
Old 01-17-2016, 06:02 PM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Ha! You're right about the "small and cute" factor! My Scamp 13 doesn't have quite the cuteness of a Burro, but I get at least one interested buyer every time I take it into CA. For some reason AZ folks don't seem quite as impressed. Now if it was on a custom frame with a deck for quads, I'm sure that would attract some lookers!

In any case, yours will be appreciated by those in the know.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:19 PM   #7

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Great going, Cindy! Good for you and Kevin. What a deal. Now you are one of those multi owners collecting FGs. Looks like a wonderful camper.

Will be interested in what you think about the Expedition which, I think with controller set-up, is supposed to automatically apply trailer brakes with sway, if you have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
We need to introduce ourselves. We are new Bigfoot owners. Kevin flew out to Eugene, OR from Chicago this weekend and bought the Bigfoot Silver Cloud that was for sale there. We love our Uhaul VT and are keeping it too, but we are also looking to the future. I have palmar and plantar fibromatosis and need to be in warmer weather in the winter when we retire, and we both love southern FL where we have vacationed the last 4 years.

It needs updating, but plugged in, it worked. I will post pix later when Kevin emails them. Here is the link:1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud 28 Travel Trailer for sale in Eugene, OR

So, there you go. We pick it up in April. The RV place will have it ready by then, so we can tow it home.

CindyL
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:53 PM   #8

Registry
Not sure. Hubby will need to speak here, but he is still in Eugene. All I can say is that he had the our car repair folks look it over, and they said it had the top towing package.

Cindy
Old 01-18-2016, 12:04 AM   #9

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
that's a great score....

at first I thought the price must be a typo! yeah, needs a little updating...fabrics etc....but man! at that price it's a steal IMO......and the lay-out is just great (again IMO).....in so many instances the view/interest is at the rear of the trailer...congrats on picking up a "rare" trailer
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:10 AM   #10

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Our Expedition does have the sway control function, so we'll see how it goes with the Prodigy 3 and the weight distributing hitch. All new to us!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:20 AM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I STILL can't believe I missed this. How in the world did you find it when you live in Illinois and I live in Oregon and didn't see it.

Congratulations! Truly!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:55 AM   #12

Registry
Someone posted a link on this forum some time before Christmas, Donna, and I saw it. I am just glad it did not get purchased before we got it.

Things just came together. We decided that we were not going to keep our Eurovan after breaking down in WV a few years ago and no one able to repair it and then not even the local VW mechanics seemed to know how to fix it right. So I found a place near us that sold used American-made police cars, and Kevin spotted the Expedition. Then I saw someone discussing this Silver Cloud on this forum, showed Kevin, and he planned out how we could get it.

Cindy
Old 01-18-2016, 10:36 AM   #13

Name: john
Trailer: Compact Junior
Michigan
Wow, what a rig!

I love the big rear window. And the plush chairs.

If I were going to order a new little trailer like a Scamp or Casita 13 I'd be tempted to tell them to leave out the dinette and just build the unit around the biggest leather reclining chair with heat and massage that you can find.

You will love spending the winter in Florida with this beautiful trailer.
john madill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:07 AM   #14

Name: Sara
Trailer: I'm now married to a 16 Foot 93 Scamp!
Florida
"the lap of luxury"

WOW Cindy!

It's gorgeous! Congratulations on finding/buying it! It fits your needs perfectly and I wish you many happy years of enjoyment in it!

Quote:

CindyL
Old 01-18-2016, 11:08 AM   #15

Registry
Kevin said one chair from the pix was not there, so the sales person was going to look in offices to see if someone took it. He said you could see where it sat.
Hopefully they can find it.

And we are looking ahead to retirement with this purchase.

Cindy
Old 01-18-2016, 11:29 AM   #16

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Whew. That's a lot of beautiful trailer at that price. Congratulations, I know you'll enjoy it and I hope to see it someday.

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:56 AM   #17

Name: Bill
Trailer: Burro 1983 13'
Wisconsin
Very nice trailer! I own a Burro 13' that I love but like you would like to go bigger when the wife retires. I was looking at Airstreams but even on the Airstream forums many of the owners said they thought the Bigfoot was better built with less up keep and better four season camping. Now doing my homework on the newer Bigfoots. That is a really nice trailer but looks really heavy? Regardless, congratulations and have fun!
Burro Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:01 PM   #18

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Oh, that's beautiful! Good grab. Best luck and welcome.
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:10 PM   #19

Registry
Thanks for the welcome, Kai, but my original post was kind of tongue-in-cheek. I have been on this forum for years, first with a 13' Burro, then a 17' Uhaul VT which we still have, and now the Bigfoot we just bought .

I hope you enjoy your Amerigo. It is a camper that I have always been interested in. I think I like the windows and the interior design. It seems more spacious than our VT.

CindyL
Old 01-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #20

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome, Kai, but my original post was kind of tongue-in-cheek. I have been on this forum for years, first with a 13' Burro, then a 17' Uhaul VT which we still have, and now the Bigfoot we just bought .

I hope you enjoy your Amerigo. It is a camper that I have always been interested in. I think I like the windows and the interior design. It seems more spacious than our VT.

CindyL
Hi, CindyL,

Well duh on me, there it is: you're a senior member and I didn't even look! (Funny; and a missed chance for me to laugh--except at myself.)

Welcome to your Bigfoot, at least.

We like the amerigo size, weight, and floor plan a lot, though since ours is currently empty, we're going to nudge things a little when we put it back together. For one thing, we're going all-electric and are debating if we'll even "alow" shore water.

Your bigfoot is gorgeous...such spaciousness!

Best, and thanks for the reply!
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot