Hello,, young family.. from northern ky. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #1

Name: kevin
Trailer: 1990 scamp 16ft
Kentucky
Hello,, young family.. from northern ky.

Hello,,, my name is Kevin. We live in northern Ky, near Cincinnati. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. This site is awesome... full of great info. I don't currently own a fiberglass camper, but i have been on my "search" for a few months.

I have spent years sleeping in tents, inside toyota landcruisers and more recently, a fj cruiser.... Now that we have a little one.. It is time for a camper. If anyone has a camper for sale in the area?? or close by?? Please, let me know. We really want the 13ft size trailer... But a 16 would work too, if the price was right. Also,, i am not afraid of a project camper.

I have a long history of fiberglass repair, custom car building, metal fabrication, and home remodeling.. So i am thinking.. these little eggs are right up my alley.

If anyone has any recommendations on camper manufacturers? or any info that a rookie should know before purchasing a fiberglass camper trailer.. Please let me know...

Thanks for your time... hope to have one soon.

kevin
ampline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I see this is in the Intro forum and I never said "HI and welcome." It's possible I've commented someplace else to you Kevin, but if I didn't I will now!

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Hi, Kevin. I hope you find your perfect egg soon. As with any trailer, check for signs of water leakage from around windows and door, or from plumbing. And check the floor for soft spots (replacing a floor can be quite a project).
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #4

Kentucky
hey thanks for saying hello,,, and for the info. After no one replied to my initial intro thread,,, i was starting to wonder... lol... Anyway. Thanks for the info, and i hope to have a camper soon. I am going to look at one tomorrow... we are hoping it goes well, and that we come home with a camper. Been looking for a while,, will keep ya posted. Thanks again for the info.

kevin
Old 08-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Kevin, Welcome....... We do really like people here, sorry to hear your first intro wasn't met with lot's of howdys! Perhaps everyone was out camping...... Anyway, Welcome, glad you joined us!

One suggestion, copy and take a Buyers Checklist with you when going to check out a possible purchase. You can find it here in the Document Center. Fiberglass RV - Document Center

Good luck and enjoy the journey to glass ownership!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #6

Kentucky
We brought home a 1990 16ft scamp today... pictures to come in near future. The search is over.. The clean up begins.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Hello and welcome to FG. Have you checked out this page?
Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
Or these...
Casita Travel Trailer Forum
The Casita Club - Casita Travel Trailer Website and Forums
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #8

Kentucky
I actually just brought home a 1990 16ft scamp... just what we wanted.. very pleased. Thanks to everyone for their help. I will post some pictures in the near future.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:10 AM   #9

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
welcome, kevin and family! i am pleased to learn of your new purchase...and looking forward to seeing your photos.

i hope you are very happy with your scamp and that it gives you many, many years of happy camping.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #10

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
awsome dude,,, now get out there and have fun. nothing is better then taking trips with kids,,, no matter where you go its an adventure to them.

always make sure to do a few trip every year chosen for them specificly.

for example my grand daughters we took to holland michigan for the tulip festival,,they loved it.
grandson we took to the dulcimer festival. and another one to monroe michigan to see battle grounds from the war of 1812 and the home town of custer.
even those trips where your not that interested,,, if aimed at the child,,will be remembered as a great adventure you had as a family.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #11

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
John...did you know that Custer wore an Arrow shirt?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #12

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
John...did you know that Custer wore an Arrow shirt?
uh,,,,yeah<_<

aside from darts in his shirt...its a shame thats what he is so well known for.

in actuality he should be remembered more for winning the civil war!

what you don't remember that? well let me tell you.
at the battle of gettesburg, the union army was dug in and the confederates were about to launch Pickets charge. part of their plan was to send their calvary, probably the best calvary in the world at the time, off to their left , around the union flank and attack from the rear effectively allowing the confederates to split and break the union ranks which would no doubt lead to the union defeat.
Custer, leading the michigan calvary, 1/10th the size of the confederates horsemen, and far less polished was out on patrol behind union lines.
they breached a ridge and threw the clearing saw the confederate calvary on collum formation approaching. without hesitation Custer raised his sword over head and yelled to his men," go you wolverenes", and they charged down the hill, straight into the face of the enemy.
the confederates caught a bit by surprise, with the rear of their collum running into the stalled front, with confusion reigning turned on their heals and fled.
thus Custer prevented Pickets reinforcing calvery from ever actualy entering into the fray. bringing about Pickets retreat and the loss of the battle of gettesburg. and that was clearly the loss of momentum that cost the confedrates the civil war.
so in effect , Custer, and the michigan calvary,,,sorely outnumbered and over matched, through nothing but raw bravado won the civil war.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #13

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
A distant relative of mine, was a Confederate general who delayed the Union victory at Shiloh. He was formerly in the Union army stationed at Fort Wilkins at Copper Harbor. Since he was from Virginia, when the war started he switched sides. At Fort Wilkins his name is still on one of the officers' dwellings and on a mailbox in the fort mailroom. His name was Daniel Ruggles (I have a son with that name) and he married Richard-Etta Hooe, sister of Fannie Hooe.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote