Hey! Newbe from VA - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Posts: 4,333
Diane: are the original 12 volt lights still in it. We have added a few, plus now installing two 110 lights. Battery box is in the rear, center, converter on door side rear. Check the 110 outlet, some were wired wrong from the factory. Looks like you don't have the swamp cooler, and I can't see the solar panel on the roof. Bob
__________________

__________________
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:35 AM   #16
Member
 
lanegr8's Avatar
 
Name: James
Trailer: u-haul 13ct
Virginia
Posts: 59
Registry
Another Newbie from VA

Hi on Valentines Day we baught a 1984 U-Haul 13ct and it was love at first sight. We are also from VA. As a matter of fact we live less than 20 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway in Lynchburg. It's nice to see another U-haul owner so close by. I have spent the majority of my youth exploring the Jefferson and Washington National Forests. Mom swears I was concieved at North Creek Campground on the opening day of trout season many decades ago. Will have to pay homege now with our U-Haul its been years since I've been in that neck of the woods. Hope to see ya around.
__________________

__________________
lanegr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Posts: 2,530
Registry
Congrats, James! Welcome to the Uhaul family!

CindyL
__________________
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #18
Member
 
lanegr8's Avatar
 
Name: James
Trailer: u-haul 13ct
Virginia
Posts: 59
Registry
Thanks CindyL. I'm so glad to have discovered this site. So much useful info and everyone seems so nice.
__________________
lanegr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Posts: 2,530
Registry
While there is little activity over on uhaulcamper.com, there is information there too.

CindyL
__________________
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Posts: 4,333
Diane & James: You should come to our mini Uhaul rally near Columbia SC on April 13, 14, 15. We set it up with Jane & Greg because we will be traveling through there on our trip to Georgia from upstate NY. We will be going through part of Virginia too on I 81. Mary & Bob
__________________
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Thomas G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Posts: 5,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
While there is little activity over on uhaulcamper.com, there is information there too.

CindyL
I saw a new posting since Kevin's back in December. Still life there.
__________________
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
D Davis's Avatar
 
Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Posts: 1,000
12 Volt missing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Diane: are the original 12 volt lights still in it. We have added a few, plus now installing two 110 lights. Battery box is in the rear, center, converter on door side rear. Check the 110 outlet, some were wired wrong from the factory. Looks like you don't have the swamp cooler, and I can't see the solar panel on the roof. Bob
Hi Mary & Bob. Thanks for responding. The 12 volt lights were cut out and replaced with flourecent lights connected to an extension cord. HA This is what he placed in my hands:
(2) 12 volt old lights with no length of wire left on them.
A loose gold plastic box with nothing in or on it. He told me the swamp cooler was not connected and still on the roof. After getting it home and reading your forums I was hoping he was mistaken. Looking on the roof I found the solar panel. Hurray!!!!! I have so many questions, should I start a new thread in the "Owners helping owners" section?
Thank you for welcoming me.
__________________
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
D Davis's Avatar
 
Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Posts: 1,000
Jefferson NF

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanegr8 View Post
Hi on Valentines Day we baught a 1984 U-Haul 13ct and it was love at first sight. We are also from VA. As a matter of fact we live less than 20 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway in Lynchburg. It's nice to see another U-haul owner so close by. I have spent the majority of my youth exploring the Jefferson and Washington National Forests. Mom swears I was concieved at North Creek Campground on the opening day of trout season many decades ago. Will have to pay homege now with our U-Haul its been years since I've been in that neck of the woods. Hope to see ya around.
Hi James!, I may see you someday. I go to Northcreek a lot because : I sleep better by the creek listening to the sounds, so close by, and I get cell phone pick up so If I have to work, I can be back in 50 minutes. It is Primitive, no showers no electricity no water hook ups. So this is why I need to work on my New Old Camper. HA I am loving it.
__________________
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
D Davis's Avatar
 
Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Posts: 1,000
Uhaul site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I saw a new posting since Kevin's back in December. Still life there.
Thank you Cindy, I will check it out.
__________________
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Posts: 409
Registry
Welcome to the UHaul family James and also Diane. Nice to find more CT13's on this forum. You will love your new trailer and the easy way she tows. ENJOY!!
Wish I could find some other owners close to me.
Patti
__________________
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
D Davis's Avatar
 
Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Posts: 1,000
SC Rallie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Diane & James: You should come to our mini Uhaul rally near Columbia SC on April 13, 14, 15. We set it up with Jane & Greg because we will be traveling through there on our trip to Georgia from upstate NY. We will be going through part of Virginia too on I 81. Mary & Bob
Thanks for the invite! Maybe oneday I hope. Now, I have to work especially in the Spring. Can get away for short stays but have to stay close.
__________________
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
D Davis's Avatar
 
Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Posts: 1,000
Towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by keekers View Post
Welcome to the UHaul family James and also Diane. Nice to find more CT13's on this forum. You will love your new trailer and the easy way she tows. ENJOY!!
Wish I could find some other owners close to me.
Patti
Thanks Patti! I do love the way it tows! However I feel it may be a little heavy on the curb side as the previous owner put a room size window air conditioner in the right rearside window. That is also the side with the converter, furnace and closet. Although the previous owner disconnected the furnace. That was the other thing handed to me. DUHHH...
__________________
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
D Davis's Avatar
 
Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Posts: 1,000
Smile Your Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by keekers View Post
Welcome to the UHaul family James and also Diane. Nice to find more CT13's on this forum. You will love your new trailer and the easy way she tows. ENJOY!!
Wish I could find some other owners close to me.
Patti
You live in a wonderful area and with those mountains we are lucky that it so lightweight and tows beautifully! Enjoy those woods!
__________________

__________________
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
newbe billg Hi, I am.... 7 07-15-2011 04:19 PM
I am a newbe to this forum slateman1 Hi, I am.... 6 04-01-2011 08:00 AM
Hey, look at me Suz General Chat 9 11-13-2005 11:29 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.