Hey! Newbe from VA - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
While there is little activity over on uhaulcamper.com, there is information there too.

CindyL
I saw a new posting since Kevin's back in December. Still life there.
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #22

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
12 Volt missing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Diane: are the original 12 volt lights still in it. We have added a few, plus now installing two 110 lights. Battery box is in the rear, center, converter on door side rear. Check the 110 outlet, some were wired wrong from the factory. Looks like you don't have the swamp cooler, and I can't see the solar panel on the roof. Bob
Hi Mary & Bob. Thanks for responding. The 12 volt lights were cut out and replaced with flourecent lights connected to an extension cord. HA This is what he placed in my hands:
(2) 12 volt old lights with no length of wire left on them.
A loose gold plastic box with nothing in or on it. He told me the swamp cooler was not connected and still on the roof. After getting it home and reading your forums I was hoping he was mistaken. Looking on the roof I found the solar panel. Hurray!!!!! I have so many questions, should I start a new thread in the "Owners helping owners" section?
Thank you for welcoming me.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #23

Virginia
Jefferson NF

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanegr8 View Post
Hi on Valentines Day we baught a 1984 U-Haul 13ct and it was love at first sight. We are also from VA. As a matter of fact we live less than 20 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway in Lynchburg. It's nice to see another U-haul owner so close by. I have spent the majority of my youth exploring the Jefferson and Washington National Forests. Mom swears I was concieved at North Creek Campground on the opening day of trout season many decades ago. Will have to pay homege now with our U-Haul its been years since I've been in that neck of the woods. Hope to see ya around.
Hi James!, I may see you someday. I go to Northcreek a lot because : I sleep better by the creek listening to the sounds, so close by, and I get cell phone pick up so If I have to work, I can be back in 50 minutes. It is Primitive, no showers no electricity no water hook ups. So this is why I need to work on my New Old Camper. HA I am loving it.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #24

Virginia
Uhaul site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I saw a new posting since Kevin's back in December. Still life there.
Thank you Cindy, I will check it out.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #25

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Welcome to the UHaul family James and also Diane. Nice to find more CT13's on this forum. You will love your new trailer and the easy way she tows. ENJOY!!
Wish I could find some other owners close to me.
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #26

Virginia
SC Rallie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Diane & James: You should come to our mini Uhaul rally near Columbia SC on April 13, 14, 15. We set it up with Jane & Greg because we will be traveling through there on our trip to Georgia from upstate NY. We will be going through part of Virginia too on I 81. Mary & Bob
Thanks for the invite! Maybe oneday I hope. Now, I have to work especially in the Spring. Can get away for short stays but have to stay close.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #27

Virginia
Towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by keekers View Post
Welcome to the UHaul family James and also Diane. Nice to find more CT13's on this forum. You will love your new trailer and the easy way she tows. ENJOY!!
Patti
Thanks Patti! I do love the way it tows! However I feel it may be a little heavy on the curb side as the previous owner put a room size window air conditioner in the right rearside window. That is also the side with the converter, furnace and closet. Although the previous owner disconnected the furnace. That was the other thing handed to me. DUHHH...
Old 02-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #28

Virginia
Smile Your Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by keekers View Post
Patti
You live in a wonderful area and with those mountains we are lucky that it so lightweight and tows beautifully! Enjoy those woods!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #29

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
Thank you Thomas! This is so valuable. Although I know nothing about electricity.
Want a working 12 volt system. Now none. Just bought a new Battery, not sure about where or what to do with it yet. Not discouraged at all though.
Am working on the plumbing now...HA Only took me 4 days to learn that a "petcock"
cannot be purchased at Pets R Us, HA
Welcome to Fiberglass, My U-Haul VT has a switch I have to turn on before I have 12 volt lights
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #30

Virginia
Hi Roger, Thanks for welcoming me, it feels so nice. My camper has nothing connected, so have a lot to learn.