Hi.. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #1

Name: christine
Trailer: looking..
Washington
Hi..

Hi all.. i am a returning member, and just wanted to reintroduce myself..

Its been a while and i have had several large trailers and now own a 2003 Comfort 5th wheel with a slideout, which a really love, but due to the gas prices, i will be looking to go back to a fiberglass trailer in the near future, so thought i would rejoin and see what everyone has been doing, and whats going on in the 'fiberglass owners world?

I was hosting last summer but decided i need to just go 'camping' with my friends and enjoy myself .
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Welcome back!
Good luck on your search for your new FG trailer
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Kristi, is this the same name you've used previously, or should we call you by another name
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #4

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
Howdy! Glad you're back!

Spanke
Old 06-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Dont know how long it's been since you've popped in here but we've had a couple of newcomers to the Fiberglass Manufacturing world. Within the last year we've had Lil Snoozy and Parkliner join the ranks. Trillium is making a 15 ft now while Escape pretty much only builds their 13's by request now. Let us know how long it's been and others can chime in on add'l changes.

Welcome Back!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #6

Washington
Donna.. lol same person different spelling... its been a while!!! Kristi is fine...
Old 06-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #7

I thought so Kristi, so what are you interested in this time? I know you've owned (at least) four different all molded towables...

Come to Taidnapam next weekend... even if for the day. Lots to look at! This is the post listing the participants: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post284378
Old 06-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #8

Washington
Donna..
i will probably be looking for a 16ft side table, deluxe for a towable... i would Love to find a BF fifth wheel deluxe beings i already have the hitch etc but maybe looking for a while... I will put this one up for sale after July on Craigslist...
with the economy the way it is... millions of rv's for sale right now... but wont give up going smaller either....

I see gathering is at Tiadnapam.. i will be there over the 4th so just missing all you guys. I have gotton alot of "towing' in so feel alot more sure of myself on the road now. you dont wanna know all that i have owned since i sold my last egg!! LOL
Old 06-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #9

If my rememberer is working, I believe you sold your last Scamp 5th wheel and bought a Fun Finder(?) Since folks are always looking to compare eggs to stickies, perhaps you'd like to share... why you sold the Fun Finder?

Good luck on the egg hunt!
Old 06-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #10

Washington
I bought a 2010 Jayco Feather light.. I had decided to do some hosting so i 'traded' it for a 19ft Jayco Flight. Was a great trailer... i do not like the tow behinds that well and decided to even go bigger! LOL Ended again trading for a 2005 Komfort 27ft 5er( excellent trailer with more than ample room, then went to this Prowler 24ft 5er .... so have done alot of trailer trading.
One thing i do like about the stickies is they do have alot more room and storage if your looking to do alot of hosting and dont have the 'shift' stuff around. Being i just want to camp out for a few days the 'eggs' are so much more economical/simple in more ways than one.. Just cant afford the gas it takes to pull the 'biggies'... I will be giving up alot of 'extra's..
I actually saw the people that bought my 5th wheel standard Scamp at Ike Kinswa acouple of yrs ago... was nice taking to them again.. i always try to stop and chat with the 'eggie' people when i see one...

well off to Grayland for a few days...!!