Hi, - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2017, 05:37 PM   #1

Name: Carol
Trailer: 1958 PleasureCraft
Washington
Hi,

We are interested in bringing our vintage fiberglass trailer and car to some rallies in WA and OR this year. Suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
20160710_132827.jpeg  
Carol and Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:04 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Totally, amazingly cool! Hope you're ready to give a lot of tours! Can't recommend a specific event, but you might check out the 2017 Rally Map.

We're not as vintage oriented as the canned ham groups, so I think you'll find most of the egg rallies attract a mix of newer, older, and vintage molded fiberglass trailers in working, as opposed to show, condition. Yours will be a standout, and I'm sure interest will be high.

I would love to see some more photos and hear about the history of this Pleasure Craft trailer. It's not one I have seen before, though I'm sure others have.

Here's what I did find:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ler-42438.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ook-31643.html
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Neat looking combo. I'm envying you.

We will be at the Washington meet at Taidnapam June 2-4, at the Vintage Trailer meet in Lynden September 15-17 (I think), and at the Seattle area meet at Dash Point SP September 21-24. There is more info on this site for the two FiberglassRV meets and there is a Facebook page for the Lynden meet.

Hope to see you at one or more of these so we can get a close up look at your combination. Oh,and meet you too.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #4

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Totally, amazingly cool! Hope you're ready to give a lot of tours! Can't recommend a specific event, but you might check out the 2017 Rally Map.

We're not as vintage oriented as the canned ham groups, so I think you'll find most of the egg rallies attract a mix of newer, older, and vintage molded fiberglass trailers in working, as opposed to show, condition. Yours will be a standout, and I'm sure interest will be high.

I would love to see some more photos and hear about the history of this Pleasure Craft trailer. It's not one I have seen before, though I'm sure others have.

Here's what I did find:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ler-42438.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ook-31643.html
Our trailer is the same one that is in your first link. Our neighbor bought it at the Good Guys car show in Puyallup several years ago and then sold it to us. We have since restored it and purchased the 1959 Ford to tow it. We took them out last year for the first time. You are certainly correct about giving tours. They were quite a bit. Here are a couple pics of the interior.Click image for larger version

Name:	20160714_154309.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	103162Click image for larger version

Name:	20160714_154140.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	103163Click image for larger version

Name:	20160714_151643.jpeg
Views:	14
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	103164
Old 02-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #5

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
Neat looking combo. I'm envying you.

We will be at the Washington meet at Taidnapam June 2-4, at the Vintage Trailer meet in Lynden September 15-17 (I think), and at the Seattle area meet at Dash Point SP September 21-24. There is more info on this site for the two FiberglassRV meets and there is a Facebook page for the Lynden meet.

Hope to see you at one or more of these so we can get a close up look at your combination. Oh,and meet you too.
Hi Dave,
Would love to go to these. Do we need reservations for any of them? Look forward to meeting you!
Old 02-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol and Mo View Post
Hi Dave,
Would love to go to these. Do we need reservations for any of them? Look forward to meeting you!
For Taidnapam, you need to reserve a site through Tacoma Power (Reserve America). We are in site 223, which is in the loop where most in the group will be.

Dash Point is a Sate park and also Reserve America. We are in site 39, which is close to the others like Kai that have made reservations. I'm hoping to do a drive through next week to scope out the sites.

In both cases, I've tried to locate close to the restrooms because we do not have inside plumbing.

The Vintage Trailer meet is a the fairgrounds and does not require reservations. I am hoping that we can get a bunch of the vintage fiberglass trailers together but that may or may not work out. My understanding is that anything 1978 and older is considered vintage even if it has been updated.

This is going to be fun.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote