Hi All! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2018, 04:43 AM   #21

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Ramona, hopefully someone from Florida that has gone through this will chime in with hands on details. MMM, any trusted friend in the state you're in to register it to and transfer it back to you when you get back to FL? Kind of back door but it has been done before.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:51 AM   #22

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
trailer tags

I doubt if the state patrol monitors trailer tags in my 50 years of driving one I heard of one incident. I still don't know what he did but he had expired plates as the reason he got a ticket but I think something else led to it!

he is gone now so I cant find out for sure!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:52 AM   #23

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
I wonder is there such a thing as a temporary tag?

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:02 AM   #24

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Ramona, I did a little checking, and it seems like the tax and residency status of travel nurses can get complicated, especially if, as you plan, you do not maintain a permanent residence in Florida.

I would recommend getting some professional advice on these matters. That advice will include vehicle registration. There are a lot of you, so I'm sure there are resources to assist with the legalities. My sister does occasional stints when the wanderlust overcomes her, but she never went full-time.

Best wishes sorting it all out!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:31 AM   #25

Name: Ramona
Trailer: Looking!
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Ramona, hopefully someone from Florida that has gone through this will chime in with hands on details. MMM, any trusted friend in the state you're in to register it to and transfer it back to you when you get back to FL? Kind of back door but it has been done before.
Hi BD,
I hope a Floridian or two will chime in with info too! No family in Florida anymore, which is one of the reasons I want to sell my house. No more ties to that state, but I thought already having a Florida DL, and a FL address, the logical thing would be to register it in Florida. But I’ve been wrong before...😉
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:36 AM   #26

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Ramona, I did a little checking, and it seems like the tax and residency status of travel nurses can get complicated, especially if, as you plan, you do not maintain a permanent residence in Florida.

I would recommend getting some professional advice on these matters. That advice will include vehicle registration. There are a lot of you, so I'm sure there are resources to assist with the legalities. My sister does occasional stints when the wanderlust overcomes her, but she never went full-time.

Best wishes sorting it all out!
Thanks Jon! Yes, it gets ridiculously complicated! I was planning on using a Florida mail forwarding service after selling the house to maintain my FL residency status. The tax free stipends travel nurses get would not apply to me after I sell my home, so I would just be earning a regular taxed wage without tax free stipends. It gets a bit tricky, and I know I don’t want to tangle with Uncle Sam although some travel nurses do take that risk.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #27

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
I wonder is there such a thing as a temporary tag?

bob
I think there is but would need a looong temp tag😉
Old 02-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
There are several Escape owners in Florida. If you haven't already, I suggest you go over to the Escape owners forum and search Florida in the Google Site Search box.
Escape Trailer Owners Community
Old 02-27-2018, 12:19 PM   #29

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
There are several Escape owners in Florida. If you haven't already, I suggest you go over to the Escape owners forum and search Florida in the Google Site Search box.
Escape Trailer Owners Community
Thank you! I’ll hop over there and see if anyone can make heads or tails of this...👍🏼
Old 03-01-2018, 05:54 PM   #30

Florida
[QUOTE=k0wtz;685366]I have purchased several rv type things in state and out of state our 40f bus came form n.c. get your title signed either by the seller or the dealer then decide what state you want to register it in I don't know if a family member can do this if you are far away from your home state or not. I have never been asked for id on a trailer title and license plate. here they don't even require a bill of sale but I buy used sort of funny!

I take the paper work to the dmv here and my checkbook and stand in line if they are busy some times its quick.

I don’t have anything against used. My concern with buying used is simply the fact that my knowledge base regarding trailers is limited. Also, a warranty makes me feel a bit more secure in the beginning since I’m not what’s considered handy.