Hi Everyone! We bought a Scamp! - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Name: Liz
Trailer: Shopping For One
Alberta
Posts: 15
Hi Everyone! We bought a Scamp!

After about 8 years of tire kicking, we finally made the plunge and bought a 17 foot, 2008 Scamp ! Looking forward to learning lots from everyone, including what is the best way to make our new baby look shiny again on the outside?

Liz
__________________

__________________
Lizzzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:15 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Posts: 240
Liz,
Congratulations on your Scamp! It is time to start making memories! Life goes by fast! We hope all of your trips are safe and fun!
Carl
__________________

__________________
Nut501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:45 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
emers382's Avatar
 
Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2007 Escape 5.0
Manitoba
Posts: 334
Congrats Liz, you'll have many happy memories no doubt.

We just got our 2007 Escape 5.0 and it didn't need "getting shiny" as previous owner was meticulous in caring for it. Perhaps yours was not. Just do a search using the search button and at the bottom the google search and you'll find lots of advice on how to shiny up your baby.

Adrian
__________________
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Name: John Michael
Trailer: Scamp 13
Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 567
Congrats on your new Scamp. I didn't realize they ever made a 17.

Happy Travels! John
__________________
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Paul O.'s Avatar
 
Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
ex VT, now CO
Posts: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Linck View Post
Congrats on your new Scamp. I didn't realize they ever made a 17.
I don't think they do. It would be a change of FG mold tooling and that is a big deal. It must be a 19, or 16 - which is the more probable typo? Maybe Liz will clarify - whatever it is, have fun with it and enjoy the travels.
__________________
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Name: Liz
Trailer: Shopping For One
Alberta
Posts: 15
Yes, it was a typo. It's actually a 16 ft.
Thanks for the warm welcome!
__________________
Lizzzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
papa-t's Avatar
 
Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Posts: 969
Congrats on the 16 Scamp. Were always here to help with questions.
__________________
“I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
papa-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
frank_a's Avatar
 
Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Posts: 2,204
Best stuff I've used on old faded and chalky gel coat is Farecla gel coat restorer and wax. Farela makes some amazing other waxes as well, I use their Wax Top on our tow vehicles painted surfaces. Both are easy to apply by hand, and very easy to come off. I get this stuff at the local NAPA paint store.

Frank
__________________
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Posts: 240
Hi Everyone! We bought a Scamp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Best stuff I've used on old faded and chalky gel coat is Farecla gel coat restorer and wax. Farela makes some amazing other waxes as well, I use their Wax Top on our tow vehicles painted surfaces. Both are easy to apply by hand, and very easy to come off. I get this stuff at the local NAPA paint store.

Frank
Frank,
Thanks for the information on this product! Since you have used this, can you tell how often you have to reapply this product? I am very interested in a good product that will last!
Thanks,
Carl
__________________
Nut501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
frank_a's Avatar
 
Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Posts: 2,204
Once you use this stuff, it will be a while before you have to re-apply it. It depends on a lot of factors though, like how or if you store the trailer, if you have a cover for it, what the temp extremes are, etc. But in my case, once a year did it. With my vehicles I try to do them twice a year (spring and fall), but often forget because the stuff beads up so good for so long. Easy to apply, easy to wipe off. Best wax I've ever used, bar none. I'm a believer!

On our new trailer I use Nu Finish. We don't have faded or chalky get coat, so I use my 2nd all-time favorite wax on it. That is also great stuff, and what I used to use on everything before discovering Farecla.

Frank
__________________
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Posts: 240
Reply to Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Once you use this stuff, it will be a while before you have to re-apply it. It depends on a lot of factors though, like how or if you store the trailer, if you have a cover for it, what the temp extremes are, etc. But in my case, once a year did it. With my vehicles I try to do them twice a year (spring and fall), but often forget because the stuff beads up so good for so long. Easy to apply, easy to wipe off. Best wax I've ever used, bar none. I'm a believer!

On our new trailer I use Nu Finish. We don't have faded or chalky get coat, so I use my 2nd all-time favorite wax on it. That is also great stuff, and what I used to use on everything before discovering Farecla.

Frank
Frank,
Thanks! You just sold me on that product! I am going to place my order this afternoon and give it a try!
Thanks, again!

Carl
__________________
Nut501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
frank_a's Avatar
 
Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Posts: 2,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut501 View Post
Frank,
Thanks! You just sold me on that product! I am going to place my order this afternoon and give it a try!
Thanks, again!

Carl
My pleasure Carl. Not many folks, except those in the paint and re-finish industry, know about Farecla products. I had a close friend who worked at the local NAPA paint store who turned me on to it. It is great stuff!

Frank
__________________
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
My pleasure Carl. Not many folks, except those in the paint and re-finish industry, know about Farecla products. I had a close friend who worked at the local NAPA paint store who turned me on to it. It is great stuff!

Frank
Frank,
Just paid $12.95 for 500ml of the product. It is being shipped today! It appears to be a great product in England.

Thanks,

Carl
__________________
Nut501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
frank_a's Avatar
 
Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Posts: 2,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut501 View Post
Frank,
Just paid $12.95 for 500ml of the product. It is being shipped today! It appears to be a great product in England.

Thanks,

Carl
No problem Carl. Good for you. I'm mystified as to why they do not promote in the states, as I know it's very popular in Europe.

You'll find it goes on easy and comes off even easier. Great stuff. Keep us posted on how you make out. Remember, it's not true unless there's pics!

Frank
__________________

__________________
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
scamp


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bulbs: everyone is talking about 1156, what about 1141? D Kovetsky Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 6 05-08-2009 11:57 AM
VD is for everyone! Donna D. General Chat 6 02-15-2009 09:24 PM
Hi everyone - I'm hoping to find a Trillium 13 (soon!) :) Raya Wanted: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers 2 09-30-2008 09:35 PM
Is everyone going camping this holiday weekend? Christi V. General Chat 19 05-23-2008 06:35 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.