Hi from Colorado! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #1

Name: Deb
Trailer: 13 ft. Scamp
Colorado
Hi from Colorado!

Hi everyone! I am excited to announce that I have a new project. Bought a 1984 13ft. Scamp! So far I have pulled out the original carpet (YUCK!) and today I took the seats to someone to redo. I have taken all of the cabinet doors off and plan to TPS and paint them tomorrow. Since my German Shepherd and I go to herding events, I plan on a dog theme for "Tumbleweed". Looking forward to meeting all of you at an event soon (and will send pictures as I progress).
Deb
Durangodeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #2

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Welcome! I have family in Pueblo and Denver area. Been camping several times in the Durango area. Can still recall a memorable night around the campfire in Molas, memorable in part due to the effect of high altitude on our ability to process alcohol.

One nice place to own a camper I must say

Have used my Scamp 13 at dog agility trials a couple of times, nice having everything handy.

Can't wait to see some pictures. Everyone like pictures.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #3

Colorado
Oh yes, Roger, I've used that high altitude excuse a number of times! What kind of dog do you have that you do agility with?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Deb, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here

We have a number of all molded towable owners that use their trailers for agility trials. I'm betting someone will be along shortly
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Nice name for your trailer!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #6

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Welcome,
Yes, what a great name for your trailer! I haven't landed a name for mine yet. If you've read the FGRV Forum for any time you've probably seen my posts regarding decor. I've attached a few photos of my Southwest theme to get your creative juices going. It's amazing what a little fabric, a few accessories and imagination can produce! When it comes time for you to re-do the interior, feel free to send me a PM (Private Message).
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Southwest Decor 2013 004.jpg   SCAMP Southwest Decor 2013 007.jpg  

SCAMP Southwest Decor 2013 008.jpg  
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #7

Name: Hillary
Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
Washington
Welcome! I don't do herding with my dogs, but I do bring the trailer to sighthound racing and lure coursing events (I have silken windhounds). There seem to be more than a few dog people here and I imagine we cover the gamut from herding, agility and racing to showing and nose-work. I hope you and your shepherd enjoy Tumbleweed!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #8

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Welcome Deb, this is a great forum.
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #9

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
to the Forum Deb.

I'm one who doesn't even own a stuffed dog....................lol.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #10

Colorado
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have been lurking on the site for a while and know how valuable this site is! Gilda, thanks for the encouragement. Love your southwest style. Reminds me of home! Hillary, would love to know if you crate your dogs in the Rv at night and how they fit...? Still working that out. Carl, maybe we can change that for you. Us dog lovers can be pretty persuasive. I have gotten as far as opening an album and uploading one pic so far. Not sure how to add one to my profile.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #11

Trailer: 82 Burro
Hi Deb,
There will be several egg owners at Golden Horn Campground in Silverton from August 9-11. You might want to come up.
Shirley LaMoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #12

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley LaMoine View Post
Hi Deb,
There will be several egg owners at Golden Horn Campground in Silverton from August 9-11. You might want to come up.
Thanks, Shirley! I have an early morning dog event on Friday but then I may just drive up to say hi. Thanks for the invite. Would love to see what others have done with their eggs and meet face to face with other egg owners from Colorado! Hope to see you then.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #13

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangodeb View Post
Oh yes, Roger, I've used that high altitude excuse a number of times! What kind of dog do you have that you do agility with?
Standard Schnauzer. The one in the middle between mini and giant. Competes at 18 inches, weighs 40 lbs. We are sort of casual about going to trials. Maybe once a month. More about fun and keeping a working relationship with her through the practice than titles.

She just fits at foot of the bed on the side my wife sleeps on. German Shepherd is going to claim a bit more space. But several people on the forum travel with multiple dogs, including some of the larger breeds.

Several people I train with for agility also do herding, not a big thing for Schnauzers but it is fun to watch the other dogs and handlers. A large herding dog like a shepherd is so graceful cruising around a heard. And so different than the stalk and hard eye of the Border Collies.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #14

Name: Hillary
Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangodeb View Post
Hillary, would love to know if you crate your dogs in the Rv at night and how they fit...? Still working that out.
We don't crate them at night, they sleep in bed with us (which is why we went up to the Escape factory to get a bed extension built, 44" wide just wasn't enough). That said, we could crate them at night with our normal fabric crates that live in the minivan (36" size) if we just had the front 2-seat dinette set up as a bed/couch instead. I'm not sure what the floorplan in a 13' Scamp is, or if you have the bathroom?
Also know that a 36" plastic vari-kennel or any non-collapsible crate may not fit through the door of your trailer!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #15

Colorado
Yes, Roger it is so fun to watch the different breeds and the way they herd. The GSD is very different from the Aussie and border collie. I started out thinking we would do agility together but she is a rescue and the agility atmosphere was WAY too exciting for her. Sent her into outer space. With herding she has to learn to be calm in order to move the stock. Much better for her.
Hillary, thanks for the response. I have the metal crate in the back of the car and the canvas ones I can travel with. She usually sleeps on the bed without a problem but if she is a muddy mess I like alternatives. Hope to meet in person some day. Gotta love a person who will have a bed specially made for the dogs! I know we would get along! (Didn't think about the issue of fitting something through the door - thanks for the heads - up on that)
Old 08-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #16

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome from North Carolina.