Hi from Europe - my new Niewiadów Predom N126D (Cadet) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-18-2015, 09:30 PM   #15

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
What a cutie.

Per,

You know we all find things that we decide we want after getting our new RV's.

Nice mods you've made.

Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:35 AM   #16

Name: Per
Trailer: Niewiadów
Västra Götaland
Yes, things are normally not the way I want to have it

I really don't know what I thought about when placing the water containers in the single seat base next to the kitchen pod. It was great to free up the space in the cupboard, but I should have placed the water containers in the single seat base next to the door instead. Then it would be easy to fill them with water, without any need to move the cooler box and the cat toilet. Hopefully this mod will be done pretty soon.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:14 AM   #17

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerH View Post
Yes, things are normally not the way I want to have it

I really don't know what I thought about when placing the water containers in the single seat base next to the kitchen pod. It was great to free up the space in the cupboard, but I should have placed the water containers in the single seat base next to the door instead. Then it would be easy to fill them with water, without any need to move the cooler box and the cat toilet. Hopefully this mod will be done pretty soon.
Hi: PerH... Welcome to Fiberglass RV. Com. Nice to have some new owners from Europe. Love the N126D... we have a few older units here in Canada... but very rare. We have a 2014 Escape 5.0TA (Tandem axle). We owned a 5.0 (Single axle) for 6 yrs. after our 13' Boler. There's one of them travelling the roads of Europe from its home in The Netherlands. There's also one in England. They're a rare sight in Canada but growing in popularity due to gas prices here. Here's a pic of our 21'er vs a 40'er at a truck stop.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie:
Attached Thumbnails
P1040198.jpg  
Old 10-19-2015, 09:22 AM   #18

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Welcome to the forums, Per. Great little trailer and you've done some clever mods. It appears you have many talents and skills.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:00 PM   #19

Västra Götaland
Thanks for your comments. A gooseneck fiberglass caravan would be nice to have in Europe too, but I guess it would consume a bit more fuel than my present "rig".

The average consumption of diesel aprox. 10-15% when towing the caravan. Without the caravan tend to be 6.5-6.7 l/100 kms (36,2-35,1 MPG US) when driving across Europe. The VW T4 has then been fully loaded and with two roof-boxes and a bike-rack carrying 1-2 bicycles on the rear door. The maximum speed has then been 100 km/h (62.1 MPH).

This is what the car looked like before we started to tow our new caravan:

When we drove with the T4 fully loaded and with the caravan on the towbar, from Sweden to Spain in September, then the average fuel was aprox. 7.4 l/100 kms (31.8 MPG US). The maximum speed was then 80-85 km/h (49.7-52.8 MPH).
Old 10-20-2015, 03:38 PM   #20

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
My, you certainly get better mileage than we do with our 2003 Eurovan. We only get about 19 MPG. But then, your camper is smaller than ours. My husband thinks that it will not be significantly different with the Expedition. Yes, it does not get as good as the Eurovan without the camper, but he thinks that the camper will be such a small addition to the SUV with its V8 engine that the mileage will not change much when pulling the camper.

We have thought about a camping European vacation. I have looked into the cost of shipping our camper to Europe, but it is probably cheaper to rent. We were in Germany in 2013 (not camping) and hope to get to my husband's ancestral parts of Denmark some year.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
Uhaul at Uhaul.jpg  
Old 10-20-2015, 03:40 PM   #21

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4
SW Florida
Is your Eurovan gas or diesel?
Old 10-20-2015, 04:54 PM   #22

Västra Götaland
Cindy, has your Eurovan got the VR6 petrol engine? My T4 has got the 5-cyl. TDI diesel. I know VW diesel engines haven't got the best reputation at the moment

This is how we towed the caravan from Sweden to southern Spain this time:

The journey took 13 days. I forgot checking the distance, but it's normally 3,700-4,000 kms (2,300-2,485 miles) one way, depending on what we choose to see on our way. It's the 10th time for the car and the 1st with the caravan, between Sweden and southern Spain. We headed pretty straight to our destination, besides the extra drive we had to make for driving by the two toll bridges that take us from the Scandinavian peninsula to mainland Europe. The balloon on the map points at the Roman bridge in Trier in Germany, close to Luxembourg. Trier is one of the oldest towns in Germany and we wanted pay a visit. We try to drive different ways and visit different places of interest on our way. Furthermore, we avoid going by toll roads, so we've seen lots of villages in France
Old 10-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #23

Illinois
Registry
Yes, we do have V6. We have the last year that they were brought here. Whowever made that decision was nuts. We have had so many people in campground envying us our storage space. However, there are also things about it that make it hard for me. I have Dupuytren's Contracture and the way that VW has you move the seats is extremely painful for me to operate. The new Expedition is much easier for me.

Husband came home from a trip with 2 potential buyers, so it may not be here much longer. We will miss it.

CindyL
Old 10-20-2015, 06:58 PM   #24

Name: peter
Trailer: cadet
England
Registry
Nice post! - My t4 is 1998 5 cylinder 2.4D, 222315miles on the clock, burns oil at 1L per 1000 miles (less than a t5 lol) and gives 33mpg (28 with cadet) and still going strong!
Old 10-20-2015, 07:37 PM   #25

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Wonderful!! I loved the tour of your Cadet! I've always admired Predoms. Thank you so much for sharing the photos
Old 10-21-2015, 06:24 AM   #26

Västra Götaland
Cindy, I'm sorry to hear that you got Dupuytren's Contracture and having difficulties to move the seat in the Eurovan. There's lots of space in them. We even bring an inflatable kayak with us.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:51 AM   #27

Illinois
Registry
Thank you. I don't have it as bad yet as some though. None of my fingers has contracted. I have been fighting it with radiation treatments. I have it in my feet too. Since all are sensitive to cold, it is our excuse to stay south in winters when we retire . Probably why you go to Spain, right?

CindyL
Old 10-21-2015, 08:10 AM   #28

Västra Götaland
Cindy, neither me or Ms. are retired yet. The main reason why I'm spending lots of time in Spain is that Ms. is from Spain, and decided to return to Spain 10 years ago after she's been living in London for many years. I also ended up with some health issues shortly after Ms. moved back to Spain. I got problem with my spine with nerves being affected, so I couldn't hold neither a pen or any tools with my fingers. It's much better now and I really don't think about it any longer. There's only a slightly feeling that the pointing and long fingers on my right hand are a bit asleep. Spending many winters in a warmer climate has probably helped.

Tags
cadet