Hi from me2U - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #1

Name: Marilyn
Trailer: Casita 2000 17SD
Texas
Hi from me2U

Hey, Y'all: I am an experienced Casitan with a Y2000 Spirit Deluxe ("Pearl"). I belong to an outdoors woman group and we have a blast camping all over, not fulltime, but extended weekends, usually. Which means we mostly stay in Texas.
Having an older trailer, I am always seeking one mechanical thing or another and am severely limited by a lack of vocabulary (read: "thingy.")
I have had a tree fall on Pearl, have sucked on a water line, and have replaced 2 major appliances over the years. Still having fun!
Today I plan to look for how you mounted curtains over your windows, since a puppy destroyed my blinds and twisties failed as hardware.

Nice to e-meet you, and I hope to see you down the road someday.
MarilynAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:06 AM   #2
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Marilyn!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:24 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
When we replaced our blinds with originals from Casita, I made mounting brackets from 1" aluminum angle and attached them using the screws that are on the clamp ring for the windows. You may be able to attach a curtain rod in a similar way.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #4

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
What we did was to leave the top portion of the blinds and cut away all the rest. Then attached the hardware for cheap curtain rods to the old blind piece. We also used a spring type curtain rod attached to the bottom of the windows to hold the curtain bottoms closer to the windows. WE sewed in hoops for roman blinds into the curtains to ride on the spring rod. To finish it off we made pine valances to cover the hardware. BTW had to modify the curtain rod hardware and pop riveted it to the old portion. The rod is held in to the mounting hardware with zip ties to keep it in place.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_01891.JPG   curtain rods.JPG  

ringtape-1.jpg  
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote