Hi from MI - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #15
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Glad you enjoyed your first trip. If husband cant go on the next trip dont worry about it you will be fine! I often camp with a group of 6-7 trailers all towed by women who have logged a lot of miles on their own and I cant think of any problems any of them have ever had as a result. If you find yourself in a situation that you need a bit more strength to correct/fix something and your on your own I have found there is always someone close by in the campgroup willing to help you.

Re the need for pull-through - just keep trying :-) Hint put your hand on the bottom of the steering wheel and move it in the direction you want the trailer to go and do it slowly.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #16
Name: Noreen
Trailer: 1981 4500 Trillium
Way to go, Stacy! Bet hubby enjoyed himself too.

I am a single senior and bought my first FG-egg 1998, a 13' Trillium after years of camping with a tent, alone. Now I take it to Florida for a month every winter.

I know your kids are going to love camping with the little camper, and the memories they will make are priceless.

Be sure to take your camera wherever you go. Any pics from your first wkd?

Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:05 AM   #17
Name: Ron
Trailer: 24 ft 5th Wheel Shadow Cruiser
Another Michigan camper here,,,my wife & i been camping for over 52 years,,had many different kinds of rigs,,settled on a part fiber glass 5th wheel...acouple of our favorite parks are Seny Twsp. Park in the U.P. and Lyons Landing on Flecthers Pond in Hillman,,,many others also Ron & Glenda
Ron Humerickhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #18
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Ron, I've never been to those places so can you describe them and what you like about them? Seney Twp park, is that right in Seney? I get back to Michigan almost every summer and it's nice to hear about new spots to explore.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... --Ecclesiastes 3
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #19
Name: Ron
Trailer: 24 ft 5th Wheel Shadow Cruiser
Mike they both have webb-sites just Google them..Seney Twsp park is cheap for Srs.& right on the Fox River,,Trout just waiting to jump in the pan..also Seney Wildlife area is close by..
Lyons Park is clean and fair priced.right on Flecthers Pond...
Ron Humerickhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #20
Name: Stacey
Trailer: 1994 16' Scamp
Thanks for the recommendations! We're hoping to make it up by Petosky in the spring, and if all goes well then maybe the U.P. later in the summer.

Since we are camping with little ones (my youngest is 2) it was a good thing that our first trip was rainy. We had a campsite that backed up to a beautiful river with a gorgeous view - but next time I will ask for something farther away from the water for safety's sake.

Sorry Noreen...can you believe I forgot the camera? I think I might need to keep a disposable one in the car for next summer's trips!

stacey is offline   Reply With Quote