Hi from San Francisco - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-01-2018, 04:13 PM   #21

Name: mark
Trailer: ,Retro by Riverside RV
California
Are you really going to wait 15 yrs? Chances are the 16' Casita will go the way of the 13' by then. Nice to dream tho.

Mark
Old 07-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
indeed, 15 years is a long time. 2033 ? gas could easily be $10/gallon, vehicles that can pull 3500 lb trailers could well be unobtanium. I'll be 78, and probably a whole lot less interested in driving long distances.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #23

Name: Perry
Trailer: Casita 17' SD
California
Registry
Before we got our 17' Casita SD we went to a few RV shows but Casita are never at the them choosing to use owners to show their Casitas to prospective buyers. There is a Fiberglass Rally that takes place in the Spring and Fall, I believe, in King City about 150 miles South of SF. Might be a good opportunity to check out different trailers and speak with the owners about their experiences.
EggRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:46 PM   #24

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa1215 View Post
Hi this is Rafa1215. One day I want to get a 16' Casita Spirit Deluxe when I retire. That will be in 15 years from now. Told my wife that is what we are going to do. She seems skeptical, but we'll see. We are going to an RV show in Sacramento in September and I hope they have Casita's there or something of the like. I'd like our Casita to have solar on the roof and extra batteries. We like watching movies before we go to bed and I think the extra battery would help. We have family across the US and would like to tow the Casita while getting around. Anyways, hello again.
I have been to a couple of RV shows, no small Fiberglass trailers at them. The most lightweight of the travel trailers there were the fold out Aliners. Those shows are all about getting large commissions on large RVs.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:07 AM   #25

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the Market
Virginia
Rafa, don’t miss the point... don’t put down a deposit and save, put down a deposit, borrow the rest and pay it off. You or your wife could be dead before 15 years. I’m not trying to be dramatic, at our 50th high school reunion (I will be 70 in Nov) we had two 10 x 13 frames filled with the names of deceased classmates. Since the reunion in March six more have died. Have fun when you are young, you’ll have great memories and never regret it. Best wishes for a long and fun filled life!!
mbbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:46 AM   #26

Name: Rafael
Trailer: Currently Shopping
CA
Quote:

***UPDATE***

Hi this is Rafa1215. One day I want to get a 16' Casita Spirit Deluxe when I retire. That will be in 15 years from now. Told my wife that is what we are going to do. She seems skeptical, but we'll see. We are going to an RV show in Sacramento in September and I hope they have Casita's there or something of the like. I'd like our Casita to have solar on the roof and extra batteries. We like watching movies before we go to bed and I think the extra battery would help. We have family across the US and would like to tow the Casita while getting around. Anyways, hello again.

****Update***

Wife said after paying off our car in three years she is willing to put down a down payment on our casita. She doesn't want to have a car payment and a casita payment at the same time. Yay!!
rafa1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #27

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the Market
Virginia
Yayayayayayay!!! That’s a smart move!!!
mbbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #28

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2000 Bigfoot 21RB, & 92 Vanagon Westy
Idaho
Quote:
****Update***

Wife said after paying off our car in three years she is willing to put down a down payment on our casita. She doesn't want to have a car payment and a casita payment at the same time. Yay!!
Nice thing about fiberglass trailers is that you don't need to buy new to get a nice rig. You can save a lot of money by buying a used one, that is in great condition.
1500 is offline   Reply With Quote