Hi from Shelia in Texas - Part II - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2016, 08:30 AM   #1

Name: Shelia
Trailer: Wannabe owner
Texas
Hi from Shelia in Texas - Part II

Apparently I can't post replies but wanted to say thanks.

I'm about two hours from Rice. And would need to take off work to go looking at the factory. The rally in October is perfect - I registered. My worry is that a Casita might not work for a "fluffy" person but that's all my Honda Odyssey will tow. So, hence the looking and asking.

Thanks for the welcome. Seems like a nice bunch of people which is what I've heard. I can't reply but I do read the forums. Wish there was a like button for the comments.
Shelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:40 AM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
You can reply by posting on your original thread or you can send a personal message if you want privacy.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:14 AM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: Outfitter truck campper
Colorado
Hi Shelia, At the bottom of every post are three boxes - one says "quote", the middle one is " " marks, and the one on the right is a sort of cartoon bubble icon for a quick reply. Are you saying you don't have these on your screen? Hmmmm...computers, right?
TomandCallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:28 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
That's what that 'bubble' is for?
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:58 AM   #5

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Take a look at what you do everyday and you will realize you are not "fluffy".

Even "fluffy" people are trainable. I am sure you have conquered far more complex things in your life such as using a whole bunch of appliances in your home. You know vacuum cleaners, washers and dryers, microwaves, ovens and stove tops, televisions, computers, smart phones, dishwashers, blenders, automobiles. If you can do all of that then you can easily handle a Casita.

Just watch youtube videos on the various tasks you need to do. There are lots and lots of videos on it for the RV
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:58 AM   #6

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
I didn't 't know it either
Jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #7

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
Welcome! My daughter and I bought a Scamp 13 Standard to go camping when our spouses couldn't. It's easy to hitch up and unhitch. I'm sure many campers were amused at my backing up efforts! Ha! But I got it in myself. You can do it!!! You'll love it!
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:39 PM   #8

Name: Rick
Trailer: Casita SD 17
Texas
Have you checked with Casita to see if there are any Casita owners close to you? Many owners register with Casita to show their Casita. I live in Duncanville, just south of Dallas. I have mine available to show if you are not too far away.

Rick
Rickd54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:16 PM   #9

Name: Denise
Trailer: Casita
Texas
what is a "fluffy" person????????
wellduh326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #10

Name: Shelia
Trailer: Wannabe owner
Texas
Fluffy

Had no idea y'all would interpret fluffy that way. Gave me a good laugh. By fluffy I mean queen size, obese, hefty, whatever you want to call it. So that's the concern about how big the bathroom is.

I am concerned about the work of hitching, unhitching, dumping the tanks, etc. as I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, and one doctor thinks, lupus. But I think I can just take my time and then rest if I need to. At least I can once I retire.

I do have those icons but am unable to reply in any form my work computer. Hopefully I can send this reply from my kindle at home. But I won't normally be doing a lot of typing on a Kindle.
Shelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:21 PM   #11

Name: Denise
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Hi Shelia. I am a "fluffy" person also. I am also an orthopedically challenged person... one good arm, new knees, etc. I have a Casita SD
17 " and I do just fine working with it. I made sure to get the electric jack, which helps tremendously. At first I had a wee bit of trouble lowering the rear stabilizers, but Larry Gamble at Little House Customs showed me a couple of tricks and I now have no problems.

The bathroom is a little snug for showering, but you work it out with practice, otherwise it is fine. Make sure you get a good mattress to put in it to accommodate your little maladies and you should be comfortable.

At the Blue Bonnet Rally this past April, a lady visiting my little Casita even laid on both beds to try out my mattresses. It gave her husband a chuckle when he found her chilling on the bed. One is store-bought and the twin on the side dinette is home-made. So come on out and visit the Pine Knot Rally and bring your list of questions and all will be answered and then some.
wellduh326 is offline   Reply With Quote