Hi from Teolo, Italy - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-25-2011, 05:44 AM   #21

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf Dobelli View Post
AFAIK there are well speed limits, it depends on the qualities of the germ autobahn, but when there's the "no limit" sign 130 Km/h is the "reccommended speed"

Take care, Fabio.
Hi: Rolf Dobelli...We have limits in Canada...but they are more about endurance than speed. The sign may say 100KPH but how long can you stand to be passed by everything and everybody?
The Police only get interested if you're over 120KPH. 80KPH and 90KPH on secondary Highways and people pass with frightening speed.
I thought that with gas priced at $1.30 CDN. per Liter motorists would slow down...but I was wrong!!!
You must know that it takes aprox. 7hrs. to cross Ontario from side to side and that's only one Province of the country!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Ontario
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:12 AM   #22

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
Fabio..... nice looking trailer. Several years ago, we were in your area. We circled from Milan, Cinque Terra,Venice, Dolomites, Lake Como and back to Milan in rented car. If there was a way to bring the trailer, it would be very nice. Beautiful, gorgeous country!!! Guess were pretty close to you in Padova. Hope to come back someday.
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #23

Name: Fabio
Trailer: Italcaravan M3/2 1967
Italy
Registry
Buonasera,

@ Alf: gas (benzina) is priced about 2 canadian dollars or 2.10 USD per liter here and in germany too, hope i'm right with convertion, but the people don't care. Adrenalin addiction? E.g. youtube "autobahn"...... The truckers here use to drive 80+5+10=95 kph (allowed speed+tolerance+minimum fine), but there are some "Truck-Schumachers" too, so i mostly stay away from highways like Milan-Venice, it's too dangerous.

@ Chris: Great tour, Cinque Terre is a green jewel, Dolomites and Venice are beautiful too. Yes, You travelled close to Padova, let me now next time. I never was in America, except a tour in Southamerica, Brazil, 20 years ago. Muito Lindo.

Pictures - a weird Italcaravan: Diana

Ciao a tutti
Rolf Dobelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:56 AM   #24

Registry
Quote:
Buonasera,

Pictures - a weird Italcaravan: Diana

Ciao a tutti
Somehow, that one looks like a cartoon tugboat I remember if it was painted blue!
Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 AM   #25

Registry
Berger L4

I like this one.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:44 AM   #26

Italy
Registry
What about this? Il treno di Vetto Vetto's train.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #27

Name: Alison
Trailer: 1974 Aer-flo 14R
Nova Scotia
Registry
Red face Simply beautiful

Hi Rolf, I love your little RV it is very charming. It sort of has the same square egg look as my Aer-Flo. I hope you enjoy many years of great memories exploring the great outdoors. You certainly have a beautiful country to visit.
Alison Cape Breton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:31 PM   #28

Italy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Cape Breton View Post
Hi Rolf, I love your little RV it is very charming. It sort of has the same square egg look as my Aer-Flo. I hope you enjoy many years of great memories exploring the great outdoors. You certainly have a beautiful country to visit.
Thank's Alison for your wishes, I need they......with two kids at school there's never time for travelling . Fortunately it's soon finished. Your square egg Aer-Flo is very nice.

Kind regards
Old 05-31-2011, 06:25 PM   #29

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Rereading the posts, I notice that you use LPG for fuel.

Two questions:

1. I rode in a Renault in Argentina that used LPG. When he filled up, we all had to leave the car. Does that apply in Europe also?

2. Doesn't LPG cause your engine to be derated re power?

Yes, Brazil is a beautiful country. Rio de Janerio has got to be the most beautiful city in the world.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #30

Italy
Registry
Hi Roger,

to 1: nowadays one can stay in the care while filling lpg, same happens with methane (CNG-compressed natural gas), but every european country has is own legislation on it, e.g. in Germany there's afaik only self service and you have to press a security-button for the whole filling process, boring. The adapters are mainly of two types, "dutch (italian) and german".

to 2: The HP's in the car's papers remain the same, for newer vehicles there's a circulation tax reduction for lower pollution. The engine works with lesser noise on LPG and there's only a slight power reduction, with carburettor, with ignition there's none. In Italy you can drive also with smog traffic reduction, even with my old watercooled 26 dogyears old Volkswagen.

Foud a shelter for my egg, yesterday, for free!!

Kind regards, Fabio.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #31

Trailer: 2010 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
What about this? Il treno di Vetto Vetto's train.
A Fiat 500! I love it! And we debate whether or not we need a big, 1/2 ton V8 truck to pull our fiberglass eggs! We Americans are devoted to wretched excess.
WtMtJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:36 AM   #32

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Back in the 80's I drove and sold LPG powered Dodge trucks. Chrysler now owned in part by Fiat mfg'd pickups and full sized 5&8 pass. vans with a factory installed LPG system.
The HP. was the same but performance suffered slightly. They had to use hardened intake and exhaust valves as LPG is a dry fuel so no lubrication for the valves. Two tanks replaced the regular gas tank and a side aux. tank was added. I could drive 800km's on all tanks.
No regulations to vacate the vehicle while being refueled and a LPG station directory was supplied too. All tax incentives to own one are gone now but LPG is still about 1/2 the price of gasoline. Taxis, Police and large fleets still use LPG!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. The new fiat 500(Built in Mexico) is available in Canada $15,995./$18,500.& $19,500. All sold out I think.
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #33

Italy
Registry
Hi all. Sorry, I know it's a bit off topic, but I can't resist sharing this link.
Fiat D 600 Multipla & Eriba Puck | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Kind regards