Hi, I am.. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #15

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie B in NC View Post
When we purchased our Lil Snoozy (aka Marigold) several weeks ago, Richard was very professional and helpful. He is dedicated to producing a quality product that gives customers what they want - even if that means innovating new features - like our step and bumper. We hope this company is around for a long time and eventually it will not be a novelty to see a Lil Snoozy going down the road.
It was a very difficult decision for us between a Lil Snoozy and a ParkLiner. You can't beat the Lil Snoozy if you want a queen size bed, don't mind a cassette toilet, and don't mind not having propane. What is great about them is any vehicle with a 4 prong flat trailer connector can tow them right off the bat. Plus I love the look of their trailer with the rear door. And the guy that owns the company is very friendly, responsive and will help anyway he can.

Good luck,

Frank

2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #16

Name: Glenn
Trailer: lil snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome, Richard.
It has been a lot of fun being in on the early development of the LiL Ones. Amy and I were seasoned backpackers and van campers in Colorado before moving to Charleston, SC. Never had a trailer, but learned real fast and did a 7200 mile trip with our Lil Boozy this past summer to Nova Scotia.

I want to bring my trailer up to you this winter to upgrade the a/c to the 8000 btu with cover. I will contact Alan to see when is a good time, but perhaps this is now your area of concern.

Let me know. I enjoy any excuse to visit the factory and see what's new in Snoozyville.

Best of Luck and

Happy Trails

Old 11-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Name: Richard
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Hi Richard, are you the new owner of the business, or in transition to buy it as reported by a member here? Thanks and welcome to the forum.
Link here
Rumor has it.......

Hey Ken,

Yes, SusieNC did a great job summing up the story. My Dad and Alan have known each other for quite some time working with fiberglass, 20+ years. When the opportunity presented itself, I gladly joined Alan at Lil Snoozy becoming partners. We will transition over the next 5 -10 years while working together to build the Lil Snoozy Brand. It's been an exciting opportunity so far and we are looking forward to many great things ahead. Thanks for the warm welcome!

RM
Old 11-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Name: Richard
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1flr View Post
Hi Richard,

It astonishes me that there is not better representation among the manufacturers on this site. I am glad you have joined and that L'l Snoozy will have representation here (although I have a Casita ).

By the way, you would not by chance be related to the Mickle clan in and around Harrisburg, PA, would you? It was my grandmother's maiden name.

Rick
I agree, the site is great and an amazing information avenue for all parties. No relatives in PA that I'm aware of!

Thanks,

RM
Old 11-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #19

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
It was a very difficult decision for us between a Lil Snoozy and a ParkLiner. You can't beat the Lil Snoozy if you want a queen size bed, don't mind a cassette toilet, and don't mind not having propane. What is great about them is any vehicle with a 4 prong flat trailer connector can tow them right off the bat. Plus I love the look of their trailer with the rear door. And the guy that owns the company is very friendly, responsive and will help anyway he can.

Good luck,

Frank
I don't understand the part about not having propane. Alan, while he does not carry the necessary insurance required to install propane, will make your trailer propane ready.
This is not cumbersome at all. He builds the bracket on the front of the trailer for your tank and upon receiving the template for your stove makes your counter to top ready to bolt in your stove.
You then simply take your trailer down the road to a propane company and they run your lines, hook up, run safety checks and you are set to go. All for a very nominal cost.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #20

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Pittsburgh View Post
I don't understand the part about not having propane. Alan, while he does not carry the necessary insurance required to install propane, will make your trailer propane ready.
This is not cumbersome at all. He builds the bracket on the front of the trailer for your tank and upon receiving the template for your stove makes your counter to top ready to bolt in your stove.
You then simply take your trailer down the road to a propane company and they run your lines, hook up, run safety checks and you are set to go. All for a very nominal cost.
Not having propane in a new trailer would be kind of a turnoff for me. If the manufacturer is not willing to install the propane themselves, could Lil'Snoozy not send the trailer out to this local expert for propane installation (tanks, lines, stove, furnace, water heater, etc) prior to releasing the trailer to its new owners so that, in effect, it does come with propane?

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #21

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
I don't think Alan can go as far as you ask and again due to insurance reasons. But, as I said, it didn't take much more than an hour to have my propane hooked up by the propane experts once Alan made the trailer propane ready, and it was very inexpensive.
I, too, find not having propane a turnoff and thus the reason I had it installed. Lil Snoozy is not the only fiberglass rv manufacturer that offers only electric for the same reasons.
I found in my search for a new trailer that some of these manufacturers won't tell you that they don't do propane because of insurance reasons. Instead, they go through a "song and dance" about how dangerous it is to have propane. They seem to forget that we see trailers everyday with propane and I can't even remember of having picked up the newspaper and read of one blowing up (not that it never has happened).
Old 11-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #22

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLSnoozy View Post
Hey Ken,

Yes, SusieNC did a great job summing up the story. My Dad and Alan have known each other for quite some time working with fiberglass, 20+ years. When the opportunity presented itself, I gladly joined Alan at Lil Snoozy becoming partners. We will transition over the next 5 -10 years while working together to build the Lil Snoozy Brand. It's been an exciting opportunity so far and we are looking forward to many great things ahead. Thanks for the warm welcome!

RM
Transition over a number of years..........that sounds good.
No I won't feel like an orphan..........LOL
to the Forum. Hope to see a lot of you on here
if time permits. It's always good to dialogue with the builders.
I hope to make a return to the nest if time and weather permit.
I have #161. No name yet but have referred to it as the "Leper"
because of finish issues.

I feel that we are in good hands.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #23

Name: joe
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Massachusetts
Hi,
I have not seen the inside of the Lilsnoozy (just pics) but, If I was order one without the jackknife sofa option , so that I could add this small bunkbed/dinette unit to the inside - I was just wondering if it would fit okay. Here is a pic of the unit and it's dimensions. thanks - Joe 
Name:   ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1388080143.193263.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  82.1 KB
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005QK...110_SY165_QL70
Old 12-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #24

NE Oklahoma
Welcome to the Forum Joe. Glad you have joined us.

The fresh water tank and pump are under the couch.
But that could be moved under the bed. Except for one thing.
I don't have the exact dimensions, but think the couch is five feet long.
I can get the dimensions if you need them. And also side of Snoozy
has a taper to it. Not sure if there would be room for the top of the
bed/combo as tall as it will probably be.

You may need to shrink the queen bed to a full bed or a twin.

Here's the photo shoot I made of mine when I got it home if you
haven't seen it yet. Might give you some idea what may or may not
work. Snoozy will work with you if you wanted to leave things out, etc.

Backyard Photo Shoot
Old 12-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #25

Name: joe
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Massachusetts
Thank you!

I am glad to know that Snoozy will work with me on making changes...a full size bed would create more room for us (we are a family of 5...six including my daughter's boyfriend). I was not able to view those pics...I do not have an account with the web site that I was directed to. Thank you for your time! The Snoozy may really fit my family's needs 😊
Old 12-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #26

NE Oklahoma
You can contact BAMA here
Fiberglass RV - View Profile: BAMA & Pachyderm Posse

He owns the site and can set you up.

Let me know if I can help you out any.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #27

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
I think you would be better off if you bought a Snoozy and then built & stained your own wooden unit for the space. Or ask Snoozy about building and installing one like that. It sounds to me like the unit you linked to would be too wide and perhaps too high for the top bunk to be used. But I think the concept is good.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:55 AM   #28

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
The Lil Snoozy will be challenged (it seems to me) by having to accommodate a family of 6! My husband, the dog, and I fit very well, but this is a small camper! What does anyone else think? Maybe it would work if everyone is very cooperative and calm!