Hi, I am... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-03-2015, 09:22 PM   #15

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 17B Sold 5/2016
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhondalyn View Post
Thank you, Carol! I will look up the Escape today. I was thinking that the Escape trailer would be cost prohibitive for us but maybe not if the base price includes options that the PL doesn't. I am having a great time with all this research but it is disheartening to get excited about a brand then find out that the "gently used" ones are non-existant. We want small (new to rv life) but with space for our two young grandchildren when on school breaks. That is what drew us to the PL. Definitely do not want anything larger than 19' or so. Thanks again, everyone, for your helpful tips and advice. Hope to meet some folks on this forum at GE&H in March..
When looking at the Escape prices remember the Canadian dollar is about $1.18 to the USD

2012 4Runner Ltd
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:28 PM   #16

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
PM sent about a Parkliner for sale.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:31 PM   #17

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOleMan View Post
When looking at the Escape prices remember the Canadian dollar is about $1.18 to the USD
Yup almost a 20% off sale! Making the Escape all that more attractive to those south of the border!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:38 AM   #18

Name: Rhonda
Trailer: 2014 ParkLiner #60ish
Tennessee
Pat and Carol, thanks for the reminder of the difference in the dollar ratio, which is beneficial on our side of the border...another reason to look a bit harder at the Escape! And Mike, I very much appreicate the sharing of your information. You all make a visitor feel right at home here! Having a great time comparing these cool little trailers...
Old 01-04-2015, 07:54 AM   #19

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Yup almost a 20% off sale! Making the Escape all that more attractive to those south of the border!
Carol, I wasn't sure if the prices were in "Canadian" money. I thought they must be, but still wasn't sure what the exchange rate was. Many non-RV sites that have customers in other countries have a little icon on the home page, enabling the user to pick the country they live in. It converts prices and sometimes dimensions. The icons are often little flags.

Since you probably have ETI's ear, maybe you could suggest they do the same? That would go a long way towards attracting customers on this side of the border. Twenty percent is a big deal! I'm far from a computer expert, but I'm pretty sure this could probably be accomplished fairly easily. At least ETI has prices listed. Many don't. Just a suggestion... Thanks!

Tom
Old 01-04-2015, 08:45 AM   #20

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
ParkLiner in Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhondalyn View Post
Rhondalyn--we are new to the forum and we are from TN. Had about settled upon a SD 17' Casita but with two of the most precious grandsons in the whole wide world we want to take them traveling with us. Just found out about ParkLiners with the optional bunk bed set-up. So a ParkLiner might just be the one for us. Give us a holler if you have one that is up for adoption. Love this forum! Y'all are the BEST in sharing information, tips and helpful advice!
Where are you in Tennessee? I'm in Chattanooga and have a new PL with the bunk option. I'd be happy to show it to you if you haven't seen one. I've taken my daughter and her cousin camping and they love the bunk!
My wife, daughter, myself, a choc lab and a Chihuahua just spen five nights in the PL and the queen bed is awesome! The storage is great and the headroom unreal for such a small camper. It has more room than my previous 16' scamp.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:03 AM   #21

Name: Butch
Trailer: Casita
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
PM sent about a Parkliner for sale.
Care to share ?
Old 01-04-2015, 12:10 PM   #22

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Right now there's an excellent exchange rate of US to Canadian dollars which makes an Escape trailer much more affordable for US buyers. Even if you would have to wait MONTHS to get one, once you get into the production line:
Attached Images

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #23

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbinder52 View Post
Care to share ?
FGRV member Gretchen is selling hers. She placed an ad here: 2014 16' Parkliner | Cookeville, TN | Fiberglass RV's For Sale . Rhonda has gotten in touch with her.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #24

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Right now there's an excellent exchange rate of US to Canadian dollars which makes an Escape trailer much more affordable for US buyers. Even if you would have to wait MONTHS to get one, once you get into the production line:
However, my favourite Seagrams gin price in US doesn't reflect "affordable" exchange rate...
Old 01-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #25

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
However, my favourite Seagrams gin price in US doesn't reflect "affordable" exchange rate...
Switch to Tanqueray and it may be better
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:23 PM   #26

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Escape
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
FGRV member Gretchen is selling hers. She placed an ad here: 2014 16' Parkliner | Cookeville, TN | Fiberglass RV's For Sale . Rhonda has gotten in touch with her.
That's a really nice looking Parkliner, great color and options!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:41 PM   #27

Name: Rhonda
Trailer: 2014 ParkLiner #60ish
Tennessee
Thanks for the offer to take a peek at your PL with bunk, Tab! CHA is an easy drive for us so I may pm you for a look during this research phase. We are hopeful to see a range of models at GE&H. The Nashville RV Super Show is this weekend and it will be fun poking around there--hope there will be some fg models to see. Donna, it looks like it will take MONTHS for ANY make/model of the more popular fgrvs so I am learning that patience is the key here. That Escape is a sweet looking unit, for sure. Thanks, all, for help and advice--much appreciated!
Old 01-05-2015, 07:29 AM   #28

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome Rhonda or the FGRV family. With two little guys, bunks would be a good option to have.

Tags
parkliner