Hi I am.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2015, 07:49 PM   #1

Name: Brandy
Trailer: Burro
California
Hi I am....

Hello there,

My name is Brandy. I joined this community because I am on the desperate search for a molded fiberglass trailer. I originally wanted a vintage trailer, but in the search of something else, due to towing capacity restriction of my vehicle, I found these and fell in love! My favorites are the trillium and burro. I live in California, it seems these are hard to come by here, and if there are here, they go fast. It seems, no matter how much I obsess over checking sale forums, I have yet to be able to get to one before it is gone. I am also not sure about protocols or how to go about buying one in a different state. Any advice?

Thanks, future FGRV owner, (hopefully!)
Brandy
bjdd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:21 PM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
The bad news is that there are usually more FGRV's available in California than in any other state. Did you shop here: fiberglass-rv-4sale.com.

But, to answer your question, CA-DMV will usually want a current registration and title from the state you are bringing the trailer in from. As some states don't issue titles after a given age, this may present a problem. If you are interested in one from out of state I suggest that you first contact the CA-DMV and find out what they want from that state. If you are a AAA member you can also try asking their DMV desk what they would need. Be aware, there are lots of scammers out there with questionable paperwork.

Now, give us a clue and about what you will be towing with, what condition you can accept, and an approximate budget and you may get additional help.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:03 PM   #3

California
Thanks for your response Bob!

I have shopped fiberglass-rv-4sale....EVERYDAY!

My tow vehicle is a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. It has a 2000lb tow capacity. I am looking for any type of lightweight molded fiberglass trailer. Boler, Scamp, Casita, Trillium, Uhaul, or Burro. It seems I am attracted to the Burro most often. I have a maximum budget of $5000. For any trailers in the $3500 to $5000 range, it seems I can never get to a sale in time. For instance, I responded to a sale of one in Sacramento, which is very close to me, within hours of the sellers initial post, and still someone bought it before the seller could respond. Other times they are 4 to 6 hours away, and I just can't get there before it is sold. So I will just keep trying.

Thanks,
Brandy
Old 03-24-2015, 10:22 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
As you are finding, getting there first is the task, especially in your price range.
Have you looked at/considered the smaller FGRV's like the Hunter and Campster.
They aren't as well known and often don't sell immediately. Let me know if you don't know what they look like and I can send a link.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #5

California
Yay!!! I found myself a FGRV!! I picked up a 14' Burro wide body. I towed it home from the San Diego area this weekend and everything went well. I am so excited to enjoy some time spent with this big little guy.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:44 AM   #6

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome Brandy. Good luck with the search.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:31 AM   #7

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Way to go! Did you get a 14' or a 17' widebody? I had a 17' for a couple of years, and it towed nicely.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #8

California
I got the 14'