Hi I AM - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2016, 11:28 AM   #1

Name: Gene
Trailer: In the Market
Virginia
Hi I AM

I AM; sounds like a message from God:~) I have been looking at the 13' Scamp. Will likely place deposit next week. Sounds like February before I will be able to pick up... Don't they know when you are over 70 that can be a long time? Look forward to reading post from you old timers...Gene
Gene Ivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:05 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Seems like forever to me, and I still don't qualify for a senior coffee at McD's.

Just think... between now and February you can have a lifetime of trips planned!

Congratulations, and enjoy the anticipation!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:17 PM   #3

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
You could always buy a used one, figure out for certain what you want, camp in it this summer and fall, then sell it just before your new one is ready. You can modify what options you want right up until they start constructing yours - at least that is my understanding.

That is a variation on what I'm doing. Have a used one now to figure out what options I really want, what size I want, and what I can do without. Once I know for sure I want a new one, I'll order it, and continue to use the used one until I take delivery. These hold their value so well, and are so quickly sold, that there is very little financial risk in starting used while waiting for new.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:36 PM   #4

Virginia
Jon in AZ; Thanks for the response. We are excited about the new adventure. Trip planning is half the fun. Gene in VA
Old 07-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #5

Virginia
LyleB; We have been through a fifth wheel, drag behind; and popup.. The summer months are taken up with growing lilies. The 13' with bath seems to fill our needs. I thought about a I pod or teardrop but compromised with the wife and decided on the Scamp. I will follow the post and watch for good places to visit. Appreciated your post. Gene
Old 07-23-2016, 02:58 PM   #6

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Gene,

Congrats on your pending purchase. You have plenty of time to configure your Scamp and to plan Spring, '17 trips. Laura and I bought our new to us Casita in November, '15 and started camping in March, '16. We are currently finishing up a long weekend and heading home tomorrow. As of tonight, 23 nights in the Casita since March. We love it.

Looking forward to hearing about your pending adventures as well as how you configure your Scamp 13'.

Take care,

Dean