Hi I am a newbie.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #1

Name: Sherry
Trailer: In the market
South Dakota
Hi I am a newbie....

My hubby and I are from South Dakota and in the market for either a Casita or Scamp...we have a 28 foot motorhome now that we would like to sell and downsize. We are empty nesters and really want to start doing some more camping and traveling and the Scamp or Casita would be great...we are looking foward to getting to know you all and learn from you. Sherry
SherryRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:58 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Hi Sherry! Hoping you find your camper soon, you will love it!!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Welcome Vicki, we found our 19 Scamp by going to a gathering. Lots of friendly folk and a ton of information on this websight
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #4

Name: Sherry
Trailer: In the market
South Dakota
missed it....

Man found a little Casita that would have been a deal but lived so close and yet so far that couldn't get there soon enough...thinking I would still rather have a Scamp though....what do you do when you find one listed...do you notify the people right away and jump in your car and go or do you make the deal sight unseen? What have you all done?
SherryRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Sherry, as you've found out these cute lil things going quickly. This is my suggestion and a suggestion only. If you find a trailer you know you're honestly interested in purchasing... tell the owners you will buy it but ONLY if it's EXACTLY as described and as the pictures show. Give them precise information when you'll be there, then quickly get on the road... do this if they'll hold the trailer until you can get there, but don't delay. For the most part we've found sellers will work with people who are not wishy-washy because Cash IS King.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Welcome Sherry, I think Donna has some good advice. From my limited experience sellers want to see some sincerity and they will then work with the buyer to arrange the deal. Good luck and safe travels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryRL View Post
My hubby and I are from South Dakota and in the market for either a Casita or Scamp...we have a 28 foot motorhome now that we would like to sell and downsize. We are empty nesters and really want to start doing some more camping and traveling and the Scamp or Casita would be great...we are looking foward to getting to know you all and learn from you. Sherry