Hi! I am an excited new member - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2016, 03:29 PM   #1

Name: Elizabeth
Trailer: 2015 Casita SD
North Carolina
Hi! I am an excited new member

We sold our "stick built" travel trailer in the fall after using it for many years. I won't say that it exhausted its shelf life, but it definitely needed some work that we were not willing to put into it. The gelcoat was delaminating, the slide was leaking, the board under the belly was sagging, and the list went on. We really enjoy the holiday trips and long weekends so I was determined to find a trailer that would hold up better, while downsizing as the kids are no longer going with us. We could not find anything at the local dealers that would fit that description and then I stumbled on your forum. And the rest is history. I quickly found that the Casita 17 foot SD was a great floorplan for us and googled regularly to find a used one in our area. I'll skip the details, but we found one in the mountains of NC and brought it home last weekend. Being that we have owned a tent, pop up, and a travel trailer, we have enough experience to get started but we will have many questions on where to put things and how to modify certain things as we get used to our new little traveler.

We look forward to attending one of the rallies over the coming year as well.

One question I do have for anyone that has a Casita, where do you store your awning pole? I thought there was some clip to hold it by the door but mine does not have anything there. Already starting with questions!!

Thank you all for the endless amounts of information I have gotten over the last few months.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:00 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome and congratulations, Elizabeth!

A 2015… nice!!! Hope you'll post some pictures when you have a chance.

Happy camping!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:00 AM   #3

Name: jon
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' SD
Illinois
We use the wire curtain hooks for the awning rod and for hanging a lot of other things also. The rod fits nicely between the door and the side of the frig. They are shaped similar to the letter 'n'. They go in upside down thru the wall fabric. We have one with a sock hooked in it to store the television remote, a small calendar, small plastic baskets for spices, another for vitamins/meds.
jon carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:01 AM   #4

North Carolina
Thanks! Promise to post some pics once it has our touch.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Congrats on your new to you Casita 17 Ft SD, you will love that little trailer, we have owned ours about six yrs now and its been great. Wife loves the trailer too. I keep the awning pole in the closet by the door. One neat thing about the SD 17 ft is it fits in a lot of campground sites, you don't have to find a long campsite space to fit.
David L. C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:11 AM   #6

North Carolina
Thanks for the curtain hook idea. This will be the first thing on my list.