Hi I am Bill and I live in Sebastian, FL. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2017, 10:32 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Hi I am Bill and I live in Sebastian, FL.

Thank you for adding me in. I have retired from the public school system after about 33+/- years of service. During that tenure I have taught primarily with "the wonderful world of the sciences." Have participated in many trips into and responding to various disasters and am a little tired of sleeping within my cargo van while on location. Expressed the idea of a travel trailer to by bride and she said yes. Her next comment was if I had ever heard of a "scamp" fiberglass trailer. I said the only think I was looking for is something that was at least 6'6" =/- and a private functioning toilet. I need a place to carry my catrike 700 because my various doctors have ruled out me riding an up-right bicycle because of an accident. I was directed here by "google" and started foaming at the mouth with all of the options.
SebastianBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:20 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Welcome Bill & Bride, There are others who will be able to direct you to the proper trailer for you but as far as your catrike there are cargo carriers that hitch to the bumpers in the back of trailers that would carry such an item.
I had one on the back of my pick-up.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:40 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Bill!

If you're looking for 6'6" of interior headroom and/or length in the bed, Scamp is probably not for you, sadly. Interior headroom is about 6'2", and the beds, which go crossways between the walls, are about 6'3" or 6'4".

There aren't many molded fiberglass trailers that tall. One that comes close is Parkliner, built in North Carolina. EggCamper is another, but they are no longer being made, and most are all-electric.

Best wishes in your retirement!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:56 AM   #4

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Hi Bill. Boy, there are getting to be a lot of us in Florida! If you want to check out my LilSnoozy (stored in Sebring) send me a private message on this board. I think it's interior height is 6 ft 4 inches however.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:57 AM   #5

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Most every brand can supply a functioning toilet; 78 inches of headroom, not so many. An Escape 21 will get close at 77 inches, an Oliver Elite II 23.5 is 78 inches. Be prepared for sticker shock for the Escape, X2 for the Oliver. Weight could present issues (especially the Oliver) depending on your tow vehicle.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:02 PM   #6

Name: Zac & Cathy
Trailer: Burro & 2006 21ft. BigFoot
California
Registry
Trailer 2 fit

Bill,

Try to find a wide body Burro, I have Boler have has a Scamp and now I have a Burro 16 or 17? I am 6'6" and the bed is the best! It's wide and long enough. I think they made a 13' also but it must be the wide body. Good Hunting.
Avey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:54 PM   #7

Name: Bill
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
Hi Bill. Boy, there are getting to be a lot of us in Florida! If you want to check out my LilSnoozy (stored in Sebring) send me a private message on this board. I think it's interior height is 6 ft 4 inches however.
U5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avey View Post
Bill,

Try to find a wide body Burro, I have Boler have has a Scamp and now I have a Burro 16 or 17? I am 6'6" and the bed is the best! It's wide and long enough. I think they made a 13' also but it must be the wide body. Good Hunting.
K*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
Most every brand can supply a functioning toilet; 78 inches of headroom, not so many. An Escape 21 will get close at 77 inches, an Oliver Elite II 23.5 is 78 inches. Be prepared for sticker shock for the Escape, X2 for the Oliver. Weight could present issues (especially the Oliver) depending on your tow vehicle.
SebastianBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:14 PM   #8

Name: Dave
Colorado
Jealous of where you live. I spent many days skipping school to surf at Sebastian inlet

Welcome
the_fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:46 AM   #9

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
My friend designed and fabricated a custom rack for his Cat Trike that extends over the trunk of his Mazda Miata with the lower rear edge of the rack supported in a bumper hitch receiver.

The point of the message is that should be able to manage to have something custom fabricated to mount your trike that will work with pretty much whatever trailer you choose. Such a rack is made up of basic materials meaning metal angles and tubes welded together and powder coated along with some fasteners. What you choose to do depends on what options you have, it might end up mounted on the tow vehicle, mounted coming off the front of the trailer or the rear of the trailer.

So find the trailer that suits you best and then custom make the rack to work with that particular situation rather than worrying about finding a trailer with a suitable rack situation.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote