Hi I am Debbie in Florida - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2018, 12:19 PM   #21

Name: Debra
Trailer: Casita 2019
FL
Michael I will check them out. It would be nice to be able to keep my current car, but it only tows 1500. I have a Subaru Outback. Love it but it is a bit small. Thank you.
Debbie in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:26 PM   #22

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17SD
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie in Florida View Post
Hi DeBreeze, that is not a bad drive. Expecting company that weekend but should be able to drive by for the day. Will you be there. Love to see your Casita. I am leaning toward one but still want to do more research. Are you happy with it? Any advice? Thanks. Debbie and hi to your wife Debbie as well.
We bought ours when it was one year old. We absolutely love it. In October we pulled it from Miami to the Grand Canyon and a bunch of places in between and had a great time. Although I do the bulk of the driving, my Debbie has towed it for a few miles and had no problem. She didn't back it up (yet) but it's a skill that just takes a little practice.

We'll be at Silver Springs, I sent you my phone number.
DeBreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:03 PM   #23

FL
Thanks for the advice Thrifty Bill. If that is your sign on name and you recommend the more expensive version of a trailer, it says a lot. The term stickies is new to me. Guess I have a lot of slang to learn! Debbie
Old 02-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #24

FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBreez View Post
We bought ours when it was one year old. We absolutely love it. In October we pulled it from Miami to the Grand Canyon and a bunch of places in between and had a great time. Although I do the bulk of the driving, my Debbie has towed it for a few miles and had no problem. She didn't back it up (yet) but it's a skill that just takes a little practice.

We'll be at Silver Springs, I sent you my phone number.
Thank you Jim. I will call you and Debbie as I will try to go. I am learning this site so I assume you sent via a private message. I will find it!
Old 02-06-2018, 01:10 PM   #25

FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCHS1980 View Post
Hi Debbie,

Welcome! Wishing you the best with your egg hunt and search for a tow vehicle. We had never RVed or towed until we purchased our '05 Casita 17' FD in 2016. Do your homework, start with some local camping, and learn along the way. It looks like folks are giving you some specific information as well. You will get it and will have a blast along the way.

Happy Camping,

Dean
Thank you for the encouragement Dean. I need all the encouragement and advice I can get! I am finishing a condo remodel and have a few other things going on so cannot move forward as quickly as I would like. This is a long term dream so I am so looking forward to it and the research, meeting people, picking up on their excitement and enthusiasm is all part of the journey! Debbie
Old 02-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #26

FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
Get in touch with me via private message and I will try to get you to look at my Lil Snoozy. (Small Travel Trailer | Small Campers | Lil Snoozy) I love It! Lake Placid is close to Sebring and my trailer is stored a little north of Highlands Hammock SP
Hi Mitzi, Thank you. I will be in touch and hopefully we can connect in person. Much obliged. Debbie
Old 02-06-2018, 01:19 PM   #27

FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoFL View Post
Hello fellow Brevard County person,

I considered casita - do not know if it still an option, but years ago from their website they offered a way to see casita's that had been purchased and were based locally. We looked at one on Merritt Island and had a nice chat with the owners

I just checked their website and found: Find a Casita Near You! | Casita Travel Trailers - America's Favorite Lightweight Travel Trailers!

I have a winnebago warrior built on toyota chassis and was thinking of a trailer. Of course there are pros and cons to a trailer versus small motorhome.

We were concerned about the limited storage. Our Toy has a quite a bit more.

My wife has passed away and even solo I am concerned about space/ storage. Maybe some real fiberglass folks will pipe in on that...

take care and happy travels! Danny at the Cape
Hi Danny, Considerations for me are that I only want one driving vehicle so would not want an RV for going to Publix and therefore would need a car for everyday and RV for camping. I want to keep it as simple as possible. I may learn otherwise. Also, I like the idea of leaving the trailer in one place and going to town for food, movie, etc. from base camp without uprooting the RV. Those are my reasons. But, I am trying to keep an open mind as I look so I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:24 PM   #28

FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie in Florida View Post
Hi Danny, Considerations for me are that I only want one driving vehicle so would not want an RV for going to Publix and therefore would need a car for everyday and RV for camping. I want to keep it as simple as possible. I may learn otherwise. Also, I like the idea of leaving the trailer in one place and going to town for food, movie, etc. from base camp without uprooting the RV. Those are my reasons. But, I am trying to keep an open mind as I look so I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
Forgot to add that yes, they will still refer you to a local. The person they referred me to is in Orlando. I hope to see her and her Casita the end of the month when I am over there. It is a good system, though I think when I go to a rally, I will have a chance to see lots of trailers!