Hi I am... (Insert drum roll) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #21

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
Mark,

You mentioned earlier that size matters, and as I'm a larger than average guy I'd urge you to check out a truck camper (Bigfoot if you can find one, or any) if you think they could be on your list. I find those I've been in noticeably more cramped than a 16' trailer; it just seems everything is tighter (knee space at the table, aisle, headroom, ceiling at the bed, etc.). Obviously, there are always compromises, and if I were shorter and slimmer - well, may as well say if I were 30 again, that ain't happening either.

The other thing that took a T/C off my list was general storage space for fishing and camping gear. A truck bed provides a lot, but that's taken up by the living area that itself has little storage, so you really have to plan where chairs, grill, whatever goes. I know some people go off in them all summer, but the guys I know who do mostly end up with another vehicle with tents and gear and the T/C becomes sort of camp central.

I'd view a T/C as mostly a weekend rig, but of course YMMV.

Good luck.
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote