Hi I am Judi in NC! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-10-2018, 02:15 PM   #1

Name: Judi
Trailer: 16' Scamp
North Carolina
Hi I am Judi in NC!

Finally, finally, finally! My new 16' Scamp (layout 6) is ordered and will be ready for me to pick up in August of next year. A VERY long time to wait, but what can you do when you have to? Still doing a happy dance!
Judi in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:27 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
congrats on you purchase... maybe in 2020 you will join us in New England for the Spring Fling.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:33 PM   #3

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
or perhaps the Outer Banks rally only a month or two after you get the camper...

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...nks-87064.html

or head to the mountains in the same time frame:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...lly-87463.html
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #4
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Congratulations Judi! Now while you wait, it's time to go shopping for things to personalize it!!!!!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:37 PM   #5

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
That sounds like a long wait time. I guess Lil Snoozy wait times of 12-14 months is not as outrageous as it seems, considering they are a very low volume, highly customized product. Wonder what the lead times of other eggs are?
Old 11-11-2018, 06:25 PM   #6

Name: Jean
Trailer: Escape 5
North Carolina
Hi Judi
I live in Asheboro. I have a couple of girlfriends I meet up with or caravan with. I hope you will be in touch when you are ready to roll!
Jean
Weavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:44 PM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: 2000 16ft Scamp
Minnesota
Congratulations!

The good news is there is no chance of snow and ice in Backus in August! Mosquitoes maybe, tourist traffic probably. We have a plan 6 Scamp as well and love it. Hope you have a great time making your trailer your own getaway!
John
Old 11-11-2018, 07:51 PM   #8

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowwing View Post
The good news is there is no chance of snow and ice in Backus in August! Mosquitoes maybe, tourist traffic probably. We have a plan 6 Scamp as well and love it. .
..Or maybe wait till September. That is when I made the trip from North Carolina to Backus to pick up my Scamp. School was in session, the weather is great that month and the traffic is better. Mosquitoes might still be an issue. In Minnesota they have to cram a years worth of living into twelve weeks...
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #9

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16 Standard Layout 6
Illinois
This year the end of September was cold and rainy. They had an early cold front move in while we were there.
DLDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #10

Name: Ray
Trailer: scamp
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi in NC View Post
Finally, finally, finally! My new 16' Scamp (layout 6) is ordered and will be ready for me to pick up in August of next year. A VERY long time to wait, but what can you do when you have to? Still doing a happy dance!
Cool and congratulations. Wish they didn't have the long wait but they do. You're going to really enjoy it
computerspook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:08 AM   #11

Name: Ginny
Trailer: Escape
Alaska
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
That sounds like a long wait time. I guess Lil Snoozy wait times of 12-14 months is not as outrageous as it seems, considering they are a very low volume, highly customized product. Wonder what the lead times of other eggs are?

The lead time on our new Escape 19 was just three months. I think it’s less busy if you’re willing to take ownership in the late autumn or in winter.
GingerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:17 AM   #12

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerB View Post
The lead time on our new Escape 19 was just three months. I think it’s less busy if you’re willing to take ownership in the late autumn or in winter.
Congratulations on the new Escape! Time to change your profile, maybe?

Escape expanded production capacity fairly recently. That may have something to do with it as well. Scamp is running at full capacity year-round. For a number of reasons- number of employees and the cyclical nature of the RV industry- they have chosen not to add production capacity.

I sense the peak of the boom cycle is now past and suspect we'll see gradually decreasing build times across the board. With a small-volume company like Lil Snoozy, it will take a while to catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi in NC View Post
Judy, congrats on the new Scamp order! You'll miss a lot of the peak summer season, but fall is a nice time to camp in NC, is it not? Hope you ordered a furnace. We love ours for taking advantage of those shoulder seasons when popular spots aren't quite so crowded.

Planning trips and securing reservations help pass the time.

Happy travels!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #13

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
Do not know what the wait time for the Lil Snoozy is now. We ordered our Aug 2017. We are still waiting. Last we heard Nov or Dec 2018. We are hoping to get it maybe by spring.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:23 PM   #14

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
I will be at Lil Snoozy tomorrow. I will ask, assuming my memory doesn't fail me.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:53 PM   #15

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Measage

Thanks
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:59 AM   #16

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
While this is not something I would count on, when I ordered my Scamp last Feb, 2018 I was given a completion date of "mid to late Dec". As it turned out, mine was completed the second week in Nov and I picked it up 12/3.

I was told they had hired 20 additional employees last summer to try and reduce the wait times. Perhaps that helped in my experience. I do believe they err on the side of "worst case estimate" when giving these initial dates. That would make all the sense for them, not having to deal with disgruntled buyers if they were overly optimistic.

I had the benefit that I was replacing an old Scamp, so I could still go camping while waiting. It did cause a bit of a rush in selling mine, as I was counting on the money from the old one to make the new purchase. Worked out fine, I listed my Scamp on Mon, sold it on Sat. I did lower my asking price a bit to make the sale quick, but still sold it for more than I paid (well, if you ignore the cost of the improvements I made). The new buyers wanted a vintage, stock trailer, so were planning to undo some of my modifications. That is why they did not want to pay extra. I understood, and we agreed on a lower price so that I could complete the sale that day and head for Backus immediately. We all left the deal happy, that is what counts. I just consider the costs of the improvements I made piece of mind for me, and rent for my use of the trailer. :-)
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote