Hi, I Am Kevin - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2016, 09:51 AM   #1

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Starcraft
Vermont
Hi, I Am Kevin

My name is Kevin, I live in Vermont, and I'm looking into buying a fiberglass RV. MY wife Fran is very interested in a slide in pickup bed camper, me not so much. I'm wondering if there are any models available that come with a Murphy bed.
kpinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:04 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Welcome Kevin
I m a former Vermonter ( lived in Rutland Vt from 1976-1984) then my wife and i moved to Calif
Miss the 4 season .. Here we only have 2 ( earthquake & fire season)
Recently someone had a nice looking casitas posted from Burlington
I m not really sure what a Murphy bed is so I will leave that question to others
Where in Vermont are you as we have family in the Montpelier/Barre area as well as Rutland
Welcome again

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:03 PM   #3

Name: Bill
Trailer: Burro 1983 13'
Wisconsin
I do not know of any Eggs that have Murphy beds.
Can't imagine the shape of our rigs or the construction would be suitable for one.
Has anyone on here added a Murphy style bed?
Burro Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:16 PM   #4

Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Welcome Kevin
I m a former Vermonter ( lived in Rutland Vt from 1976-1984) then my wife and i moved to Calif
Miss the 4 season .. Here we only have 2 ( earthquake & fire season)
Recently someone had a nice looking casitas posted from Burlington
I m not really sure what a Murphy bed is so I will leave that question to others
Where in Vermont are you as we have family in the Montpelier/Barre area as well as Rutland
Welcome again

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Thanks for the welcome. We have been living in Montpelier on a narrow street behind the Middle School for 23 years. I looked at Casitas a few years ago but I have stuck with Starcraft pop-ups as the vehicles we have owned were not up to the task of towing anything heavier than 1400 lbs. A couple of months ago I replaced my 2009 Subaru Forester (worst seats of ANY vehicle I have ever driven) with an older Ford F-150. We're both looking at retirement in a few years but are not thinking of full-timing as we both love Vermont. She has her friends and other interests here and I have my workshop and motorcycle. Right now I can't see being retired and not riding.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:05 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Hi, I Am Kevin

There are lots of different kinds of convertible beds in molded fiberglass campers, but none that fold up into the wall, Murphy-style. They are more common in conventional toy haulers, I think.

Not sure what is your reason for asking about them… perhaps you are wanting to carry a motorcycle(s) with you…? Most fiberglass trailers are built for light weight and have very limited cargo capacity. The Happier Camper HC1 does have a rear hatch and modular interior, but it would be limited to a very small dirt bike.

If you really want to carry motorcycles and have a molded fiberglass RV, your wife may have the best idea. Bigfoot makes some nice fiberglass slide-in campers and you could pull a motorcycle trailer behind.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:00 AM   #6

Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
If you really want to carry motorcycles and have a molded fiberglass RV, your wife may have the best idea. Bigfoot makes some nice fiberglass slide-in campers and you could pull a motorcycle trailer behind.
Thanks, that's something I had not considered.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:06 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinvt View Post
Thanks, that's something I had not considered.
Lil Snoozy or Lil Hauley in S.C. will also carry a motorcycle, but you have to let them know the weight so they can have the proper axle installed.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:55 AM   #8

Vermont
We Bought a Trailer, But Not a FGRV

Our son moved in with us last September which made buying a two person RV impracticable. We also adopted a 50 lb. rescue dog at around the same time. Both my son and I ride middleweight motorcycles so we went looking for a small toy hauler with room to sleep three adults. August 9th we purchased a Travel Lite Falcon F-23TH Travel Lite Falcon F-23TH - Travel Lite Campers It's a tandem axle trailer that weighs 3150 dry with a cargo capacity of 4000 lbs. Fit and finish is OK, with some nice touches. There is not a lot of storage room but the open floor plan could lend itself to using portable 3 or 4 drawer storage cabinets: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...esso/140169697 We tend to dry camp so I might swap out the toilet for a C-Head or something similar. Many thanks to the friendly people on this forum for their help.
Attached Thumbnails
Travel Lite Falcon F23TH.jpg  

Tags
vin