Hi I am new - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2010, 02:08 AM   #1

Name: Lise
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
Washington
Registry
Hi I am new

Well, kind off new, I have been lurking for about a month now. Bought a Fiber Stream around that time but I can't do much with it until about April. Meanwhile I have lots of ideas of how I want it but have to wait until after my retirement. It will be at the start of the year and I have to finish some home projects first. I am really excited but confused about many things in my trailer such as the water heater, the heater etc… but I bought some books and in addition I am educating myself on this great site.
I did reserve a space for the Washington Gathering at Taidnapam Park in June where I hope to meet some of you.
lalise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:29 AM   #2

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Welcome in!
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Welcome!

Change your trailer from "in the market" to Fiberstream1

Do you have any pictures of the trailer? There are several Fiberstream owners here, they have some great trailers!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Hello and welcome! Yes! you will learn quickly.. we LOVE pictures!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #5

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina D. View Post
Hello and welcome! Yes! you will learn quickly.. we LOVE pictures!
So do I, I have spent hours looking at all the ones on this site but I have not done much with mine yet short of pulling it (white knuckled) from Shasta Ca to Bonney Lake WA and parking it. I have not done much.
Come to find out, my neighbor told me, I had low tires and too much load for my poor little Tacoma. It was great on the majority of the roads, had to check several times to make sure it was still there but it didn't like the mountains much.
I have to figure out how to get the brakes on the trailer attached to my hitch which has been configured for it but all there is on the trailer is a rusted rectangle piece attached to a wire.
Also, after I parked it, what fun, not! I noticed that the stick that holds the tanks in place was broken and they could have fallen during the trip, wow!
I will take photos as soon as there are changes but meanwhile the one I bought is this one. http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/for-sale/1984-16-fiber-stream-northern-california
I find it a bit dark so will lighten it up with paint on the wood panels and I already bought 2 twin memory foam mattresses. I will keep the front of the trailer as a permanent twin bed with both mattresses stacked for when I am alone and will move the top one forward when not.
This will leave enough room for a small dinette in the middle.
I will remove the stove that is in bad shape; I know the top works but am not sure about the oven. I already bought a 2 burner top to replace it. I plan to put a microwave where the oven was.
Now I have to learn more about the gut of the trailer which is not going to be too much fun. I have read some of the ideas from the forum and just bought a cheap bottle of vodka to put in the clean water tank and will get a couple of bottles of antifreeze to pour down the sink and toilet. I am not sure about the water heater, someone had a picture of what it should look like but mine doesn't look like that. Oh well!
Thank you all for the great information I was able to glean while I was silently lurking.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #6

Trailer: Lite House
Registry
Wow. It's a beauty and in very good shape considering. I envy the shower part. Our TT is too tiny for a shower, but we have a solar shower and a big pot for heating up water on cloudy days.
Davie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Welcome!!! Beautiful trailer; looks like you did pretty well for yourself! You'll find a lot of helpful info here, as well as some very knowledgeable FS owners!
Michele B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:09 AM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Bienvenidos

Welcome to the fun!

Don't listen to that neighbor. He is probably just jealous.

You don't say what year your Tacoma is, but here are the stats for the 2005:

Tacoma Reg Cab 2.7L I-4 3,500
----------------------------4.0L V-6 6,500
Tacoma Access/Double Cabs 2.7L I-4 3,500
----------------------------------------------4.0L V-6 6,500
(from http://www.trailerlife.com/images/do...ngs_p12_15.pdf )

It looks like your Tacoma has more than enough to pull that FS, especially if you have the 4.0L engine.

(But you should have the tires inflated properly.)

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:56 AM   #9

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
Welcome to the fun!

Don't listen to that neighbor. He is probably just jealous.

You don't say what year your Tacoma is, but here are the stats for the 2005:

Tacoma Reg Cab 2.7L I-4 3,500
----------------------------4.0L V-6 6,500
Tacoma Access/Double Cabs 2.7L I-4 3,500
----------------------------------------------4.0L V-6 6,500
(from http://www.trailerlife.com/images/do...ngs_p12_15.pdf )

It looks like your Tacoma has more than enough to pull that FS, especially if you have the 4.0L engine.

(But you should have the tires inflated properly.)

He was right about the tires, I was just too nervous when I picked it up. I was petrified since it was my first time hauling one of these, actually hauling anything. The seller was really kind and gave me lots of advices such as not using the overdrive etc... but I am afraid I forgot some of his instructions and advices so we ended up unable to light up the heater and froze a couple of nights. I went with my mom, she is petite and I am not so she was really freezing.
I am not sure if I have a 4.0L engine it is a 2004 automatic with and extended cab I will have to look it up tomorrow.
Thanks for the information.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #10

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
lalise,
Welcome...another Washington fiberglasser! Glad to see that you signed up for the Taidnapum Get-Together in June. We have a great bunch of people and there are always lots of us around to bounce questions off of if you have a "head scratcher" to deal with.
Greg
Casita Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #11

Name: Lizbeth
Trailer: 1978 Fiber Stream
Oregon
Registry
Fiberstream Information

Congradulations on your Fiber Stream! Think that you will have a lot of fun with it. For more information on Fiber Stream's Use the search on this forum. just put in Fiber Stream and you will find all kinds of good info. That is whatI have been doing since I got my 1978 fiber Stream several months ago. The people on this site have been very helpfull too!

Enjoy,
Lizbeth W

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalise View Post
Well, kind off new, I have been lurking for about a month now. Bought a Fiber Stream around that time but I can't do much with it until about April. Meanwhile I have lots of ideas of how I want it but have to wait until after my retirement. It will be at the start of the year and I have to finish some home projects first. I am really excited but confused about many things in my trailer such as the water heater, the heater etc… but I bought some books and in addition I am educating myself on this great site.
I did reserve a space for the Washington Gathering at Taidnapam Park in June where I hope to meet some of you.

16' Fiber Stream
Lizbeth W is offline   Reply With Quote