Hi I Am New to the Forum - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2015, 12:00 PM   #1

Name: Deglen
Trailer: 17ft Casita Spirit DLX
Texas
Hi I Am New to the Forum

Hi from Aubrey Texas, for I am a New Member to the Forum.
I have a 2011 Casita Spirit DLX that I purchased New From the Factory.
I am 47 Years of Age and Still Working , but can't wait to hit the road full time.
In the mean time I have put a few miles on our Little Casita we Named R2D2 , and call it just RR2 for short. We have pulled R2 from Texas to the West Coast of the Great Red Woods already twice and Several Local Trips as well.
I have added a few of the Small Mods ,,,Fast Gray Water ,, power surge, toilet shut off ,, battery disconnect,, etc.... Along with re-welding the front to carry a single 30lb propane bottle ,,, and a Honda 2000 Generator under the double propane cover,
In addition I have a welded hitch receiver along with the Orbital Off the back Spare Tire Carrier ,,, and recently just got the Orbital 3" Lift Kit which I'm about to install with the Shock Kit ,,,,
Also added the "shelved the closets" from the Kit Pattern from Little House Customs ,,,, along with Bedding and Curtains on the Interior ,,, All in Star Wars Fabric,,,
Etc....

Which I Would Like to Thank All the Postings from a Variety of Forums providing the information which allowed me to Add my Mods...

Thanks

IZZY

R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:26 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Hi from Aubrey Texas, for I am a New Member to the Forum.
I have a 2011 Casita Spirit DLX that I purchased New From the Factory.
I am 47 Years of Age and Still Working , but can't wait to hit the road full time.
In the mean time I have put a few miles on our Little Casita we Named R2D2 , and call it just RR2 for short. We have pulled R2 from Texas to the West Coast of the Great Red Woods already twice and Several Local Trips as well.
I have added a few of the Small Mods ,,,Fast Gray Water ,, power surge, toilet shut off ,, battery disconnect,, etc.... Along with re-welding the front to carry a single 30lb propane bottle ,,, and a Honda 2000 Generator under the double propane cover,
In addition I have a welded hitch receiver along with the Orbital Off the back Spare Tire Carrier ,,, and recently just got the Orbital 3" Lift Kit which I'm about to install with the Shock Kit ,,,, IZZY.
Hi IZZY and welcome to the group. I also added Orbital's 3" lift on my '06 SD, piece of cake. FYI for you, be ready to use an impact gun to remove the axle bolts. Those babies were really on there and that's without any rust either. Do let all of us know how the shock kit works out for you. There was a rather long thread recently about the merits of shocks on eggs. I'd like to hear first hand experience, plus or minus.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:32 PM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Welcome, sounds like you have done some nice mods.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote