Hi, I am Ria, hoping to own a trailer soon! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-05-2016, 08:34 AM   #15
Name: Darnelle
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Originally Posted by Ria View Post
Is there a place for a portapotty in the 13 footer? My biggest requirements are that and a comfortable place to sleep and hot water for coffee. I don't need a shower, just the potty. I think it would be easier for me to take by myself, which I would like to do.
Most porta-potties fit in the center area under the front couch/bunk bed area. The only dimension to worry about is the height, and if you buy one via scamp it will fit. At night we place it, the TP, and a small garbage bag specifically for TP by the door and out of the way but accessible for all. The only inconvenience is the big dog taking up the floor space! (He earns his keep as a watch dog though.) Like you, we must have a porta-potty (mostly nighttime use) and prefer to use state campgrounds where the showers are nice and clean. Also, with any extended travel, truck stops often offer beautiful private bathrooms for about 5 bucks. We enjoy a little bit of "roughing it" (camping vs. RVing) so cook and eat outdoors (hate the smell of past meals in the camper), use the camper sink much like a bathroom sink (washing faces and brushing teeth) and so far (years) have never used the stove for anything but hot water (for tea and sponge baths). A nice bonus is how that use warms up the camper on chilly mornings. I have contemplated pulling the stove out for more counter space, but since we do occasionally use it and really don't need counter top space (lack of cooking indoors), a stove cover is more practical. We spend our camping days biking, hiking, swimming, fishing, etc. If the weather is bad we can spend time in the camper comfortably watching movies or playing board games (things we seldom do at home) or drive into the nearest town and find some indoor activity. We love our tiny camper!

Darnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:43 AM   #16
Name: Ria
Trailer: Looking to buy soon
North Dakota
Talking BIG UPDATE!!!

We bought a '78 Scamp 13! My dream has finally come true! I have been looking at Scamps since 2000 and now I've got my very own. It was gutted 2 owners ago and completely redone inside. We are planning a few upgrades (like adding a fridge!) but it is exactly what we wanted. And we found it only 4 hours from home!!! I had been looking at ads from 8 to 16 hours away, so that was a huge bonus. It does have some fiberglass issues, very minor and mostly cosmetic, but my husband used to do do fiberglass repair for a living, so that is easily remedied.

I am on cloud nine planning our maiden trip. Not sure when or where it will be, but I can't wait to shop for dishes and a few decorations to make it our own. I will try to upload some pics soon. Thanks for all your great welcomes and advice, I have joined the club!

Ria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:57 AM   #17
Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 13
Hope you enjoy the heck out of your "new" Scamp.

Mine is in for a new axle as we speak - just an upgrade, not a "must do".

So far all anticipation, the actual fun starts soon!

LyleB is online now   Reply With Quote