Hi I am so excited to find more folks who love fiberglass - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2018, 04:17 AM   #1

Name: Monica
Trailer: In the market
Arizona
Hi I am so excited to find more folks who love fiberglass

I am looking for a 13ft scamp I hope there are folks who want to part with there loved camper
Maggie1317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:21 AM   #2

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
They are out there, but you need to be patient in finding the right trailer. Make sure to check out the frame and floor when you find one to your liking.

Some things to keep in mind:

1) you may be surprised by the price. A good condition trailer, ready to travel, and fairly priced, will probably be higher than you expect. They remain a niche market, to order a new one takes months of waiting, they are known for their durability, these things all add to them holding their value better than typical trailers. This is great when you go to sell, not so great when buying.

2) You may have to travel a substantial distance to find the "right" trailer for you.

3) A decent trailer, fairly priced will sell very quickly, often within hours of being listed for sale. You must have cash in hand and be ready to buy quickly, or you will not be a serious contender in the market. That said, don't buy blindly, and beware of scams - there are a lot of them out there.

Good luck in your search, they are worth the wait and effort.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:43 PM   #3

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Welcome to FRGR, home of the fiberglass fetishists...so to speak. Yes, we love fiberglass! Glad to find more like-minded folks, and wishing you best luck with your search.

To get our trailer, we ended up traveling for 22 hours round trip, paying full price AND doing a complete reno on Peanut; in the end, it worked out. One thing about it now, Paul knows exactly what will fix most things, and what he doesn't know, I likely do. First night out middle of this last May, Peanut's window began leaking, and lo, Paul had all he needed to go out in the rain and fix it right. He even had a rain poncho that he wore (that time).

(Peanut: one shell with two nuts in it.)

If we hadn't had to learn the hard way, we might have been either too sanguine or ignorant of the materials and process...and we wouldn't have had leftovers to pack in the travel kit.

That really was about the only "equipment failure" we faced on our most recent trip...except by the end the windows were sticking shut and open...since then, we've been on FGRV and got great answers and have cleaned half of them back into service. Tomorrow, the rest. Having to fix up your trailer to start with, if you have to, may feel like a drawback, but ultimately it has only served us well. I'm not afraid of the dark areas behind and under things, as I know what's in there! We understand all the equipment--minimalist though it may be.

BEST to you, your search, and your ultimate travels.

Kai