Hi, I am Tracy and I am a Boleraholic ... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #21

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I will hold the line at one UHAUL, and only one!! But I will purchase millions of little decorative trinkets for it.......
OMG, I am a Glampoholic too!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #22

Name: Tracy
Trailer: purchasing a Boler
Alberta
Hi Dave:
I actually am originally from Niagara Falls, Ontario and have travelled to the East, namely Cape Breton/Nova Scotia region in the past. Very beautiful and definitely worth a revisit but I don't see it happening any time soon for me ... BC is calling ... it has been for years ... somehow I stalled out in Calgary but that is soon to change, I hope!! But one never knows .... I never rule out any possibility .
CheekyTracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #23

Alberta
Hahaha, Pam...I have visited your pics on here and indeed, you are a Glampoholic! I hope I can do it justice. I am the Queen of second-hand store shopping and have already found some amazing Glam items. I have found great fabric for the upholstery for $14.00 and am planning on redoing all the curtains (also found THE best Ikea lined curtains for $20.00 at another thrift store that I will be customizing and using the remainder of the fabric for matching pillows, etc.) and upholstery. Just today I bought some hardboard and had Home Depot cut some templates out so I can upholster all my cushions without sewing (a fantastic idea I found on another Boler site ... I could kiss them as I am so excited not to have to sew and deal with zippers, piping and the likes). I will post pics as I go.I am sure you will appreciate my glamming . I am planning on documenting how to glam a Boler on a budget for further reference. Some truly great ideas on here. I am grateful to all...but first .... the dreaded leak!! lol
Old 06-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #24

Name: Noel
Trailer: 1979 13' Boler
British Columbia
Registry
Welcome.

You have to get over to Vancouver Island (the best part of BC) - lots of camping spots here and lots to see and do, plus real estate is much less expensive.
Red-Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #25

Alberta
Hi Mark:
I will likely be doing a bit of both. It depends where I end up ... ( I am aiming for somewhere on Vancouver or the surrounding islands, Sunshine Coast at the moment) and when I can leave Calgary. It's all up in the air ... isn't that the point? lol
Old 06-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #26

Alberta
Wow ..... I feel better now!! I can only manage one at a time. You're a brave man, Jimbo! lol
Old 06-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #27

Alberta
Andrew:
I am there for you ... I know it's tough but you can make it through! Now, wipe that smile off of your face and get on with it . People will start to talk. GEEZ!
Old 06-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #28

Alberta
Mark:
Sounds like you've got it bad!! I will definitely post some pics and also some pics as I progress with getting Blossom ready for lift off
Old 06-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #29

Alberta
Oklahoma Mike:
Those symptoms are horrific....how can anyone survive under such adverse conditions?? ... especially when they can stay in the city and experience sleepless nights listening to the sirens blare, hamster wheel days working for the man and the joy of sniffing exhaust fumes while you sit in endless lines of traffic .... now that's paradise... wink, wink! This Boleraholic addiction could jeopardize my health and well being. Maybe I should reconsider??? lol
Old 06-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #30

Alberta
Working on the pics, Marina ... thank you for the welcome
Old 06-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #31

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
....aholic

Take heart Andrew you aren't an ....aholic until you have two in the driveway, one in storage and you are constantly scouring the countryside and the web looking for another one. Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #32

Alberta
Thank you Roger!
I was recently given the spirit name Blossom Girl from a wonderful Aboriginal Elder who adopted a special friend of mine and who I just recently had the pleasure of meeting ... if you knew me, you would understand just how fitting a name it is and therefore, Blossom just had to be the name of my Boler and theme of my pending adventures . I always was a late bloomer lol!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #33

Registry
Tracy, I'll let you in on a secret, my cushions don't have piping or zippers either. They're 'fitted' on the top, and the sides are made with a 5" overlap to extend around to the bottoms of the cushions. I covered right over the original cushion covers, and then just used safety pins to neatly attach the overlapping materials underneath. They look nice and neat, are easily removable, and I didn't have to purchase and fight with any zippers. I've also used the foldover/staple method and its even faster!! Please post progress photos, I'd love to see them.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #34

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Hi, "Cheeky". Welcome from a casitaholic. I'm on my second one. I enjoy tinkering with mine too. I've learned a lot here as you likely will too.
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #35

Alberta
Pics as promised .... the" before" exterior :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	My Boler before.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	47675

Name:	My Boler 2.jpg
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	47676

Name:	My Boler.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	47677

Name:	My Boler rear.jpg
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	47678
Old 06-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #36

Registry
Tracy, You ARE a glamper - you have a chandelier in your garage And I see a second boler beyong yours... are you holding out on us?
Old 06-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #37

Alberta
Hahaha Pam:
I'd like to take credit for the garage with is not only complete with chandelier but also boasts slate tile floors however it belongs to the lovely gentleman who I purchased the Boler from! At first when I saw his pics I thought he had the Boler in his living room! I remember thinking, "wow, he really is a diehard Boler owner!!"
And I can only handle one Boler at a time although I have creative ideas for at least a dozen!! lol
Old 06-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #38

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Yeah, that would be a true egg lover, park it in the living room! LOL
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote