HI, I am Victoria - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #1

Name: Victoria
Trailer: In the market
California
HI, I am Victoria

Hello, I was very excited to find this forum this morning. I have a new in box Trans-Awn 2000 that we found cleaning the garage of an elderly friend. I offered to sell it and I really don't know if my usual Craigslist is the best place to list it. I definitely know eBay isn't the way to go because this thing is long and heavy. I came upon an old listing for a similar item on here, hopefully this is the place. I know my friend purchased it for a vanagon that she used to have (i also have an adapter to attach it to a vanagon). Anyway, it looks like the classified section of this forum would probably be a good place to post it. If anyone has any tips for how I should handle this, I would greatly appreciate it. For example, I ripped back the end of the box so I could see what color the awning is (blue and white), is it ok to remove it from the box to take pictures or would a buyer prefer that it never be removed from the box? Anyway, I'm looking forward to browsing around on this site, so many cool things to see!
San Jose VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Hello Victoria, You might get some interest here. I searched Trans-Awn and all the results were vans, VW vans. I think 2004 was about the last year VW imported Eurovans, although they might resume. I would encourage searches like "VW van" or "Westfalia van". There are other terms, but the membership in groups following VW vans may exceed the followers here. I used to own one. I'd certainly list it on eBay. You may find pics without un-boxing it. Good luck.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:01 AM   #3

Name: Victoria
Trailer: In the market
California
Thanks Tom,
I appreciate you taking time to give me your thoughts on selling the awning. I will do some more searching and hope to find someone who would really love to find an older awning in new condition!
My appreciation,
Victoria
San Jose VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:06 PM   #4

Name: Brad
Trailer: Vw
New York
Trans awn 2000

Hi Victoria is this awning still available and for sale? I'm looking for one.
Murphree11 is offline   Reply With Quote