Hi, I’m Joe in Seattle - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-18-2019, 07:31 PM   #1

Name: Joe
Trailer: Northern Lite
Washington, D.C.
Hi, I’m Joe in Seattle

Hi, I’m Joe and I’m an alcoho.... uh, wait in Joe and I like fiberglass campers.
I’m a truck camper owner, mine is a Northern Lite. I’ve owned many campers and motorhomes over the years and I’m no longer willing to even look at a regular stick-built rig again!
I’ve been on what’s probably the most popular RV board for 16 years but there’s an “attitude” there that constantly rubs me the wrong way. It’s nice to find there are other places to go to talk to people with a common interest!
Joe Monstermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:56 PM   #2
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Joe!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:14 PM   #3

Name: Laura
Trailer: Escape 21' 2nd Gen, picked up on Black Friday 2016
Washington
Hello Joe!

Did you just move from the Other Washington? Your profile on the left says WA DC but the title is Seattle.

We looked at some Northern Lite truck campers a few months ago just for grins. Not that we want one, but they were on the lot and after looking at the Bigfoots we took a gander. I'm always amazed at what they can fit into such a small area.

www.UnderKittySupervision.com
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:40 PM   #4

Washington, D.C.
Hmm that’s funny I don’t know why it says WA DC, I’m definitely in the Pacific Northwest WA!
I was a Bigfoot fan until I looked in a Northern Lite... then it was all over!
One of the coolest things is the generator compartment is intentionally sized to hold two Honda EU2000s.

I like truck campers for a few reasons. I like being able to tow a trailer behind me. I like being able to fit in a parking lot, and some of the places I go just couldn’t be done with a trailer on. And when it snows I like having my whole unit up on my 4-wheel-drive truck.
Oh one other thing, in my Northern Lite I have a full queen bed that’s always a bed, no folding out of the couch.
But what I’ve got in common here is my strong preference for molded fiberglass construction.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:58 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Could be a Northern Lite trailer in the future. Northern Lite and Escape Trailer Industries are now both owned by the same company. I see a four season trailer.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:31 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
[QUOTE=Joe Monstermaker;733326]Hi, I’m Joe and I’m an alcoho.... uh, wait in Joe and I like fiberglass campers.
I’m a truck camper owner, mine is a Northern Lite. I’ve owned many campers and motorhomes over the years and I’m no longer willing to even look at a regular stick-built rig again!

Welcome Joe........ you do realize that there is no known cure.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:52 AM   #7

Name: Laura
Trailer: Escape 21' 2nd Gen, picked up on Black Friday 2016
Washington
You can change your profile information through User CP - I think. I don't really remember as I have to root around to find how to make changes.

Oh, I see the definite advantages of having a truck camper. I've joked around (but kind of serious!) that we'd get one as Dirk's bedroom. He snores so loudly he kind of needs it.

However, we have a very nice, extended height canopy on the Tundra as I use the truck for hauling stuff to craft shows that I vend at. Although there is that backseat area - he can sleep anywhere (it's so disgusting).

And I hear ya on the fiberglass aspect.

www.UnderKittySupervision.com
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:26 AM   #8

Washington, D.C.
Well, ya’ know a person could do both, carry a truck camper and tow a camper trailer too, I’ve seen it done.