hi, I'm.... - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: currently shopping
California
hi, I'm....

Mike Euritt, currently of Sacramento, CA. I have had some TT experience, a few years back I had a Forest River 23. I ended up getting rid of it after two years. The places I could reach for weekend use and a trailer I ended up not liking put a temporary end to my RV days for that time.

Now I am about to retire and I'm considering full timing in an egg, still in the exploring stage but Escape 19 or the 5er is top of my list. So here I am looking for advice from the more experienced. I'll spend some time reading the forums and then ask questions.

Mike

Old 09-21-2017, 08:08 PM   #2

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost Crew Cab
Texas
Registry
Howdy Mike. If Escape is on your list I'd recommend visiting the Escape Forum as well, since it's dedicated to that brand.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:16 PM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
North Carolina
I would go to a rally where you can see several brands at once. We went to a rally in Cherokee, NC a few years ago, thats where we saw our first Escape 19. We were sold at that point.

If you contact Escape directly, they will put you in touch with owners near you that can show you their trailer.

My only advice is to consider floorplan and how you plan to use the trailer. Thats what talked us into the 19. Queen bed on one end, and a relatively large 44 inch dinette on the other. I'm sitting at the dinette right now typing this.

Some brands have dinettes that are only 23 or 24 inches deep. We have too much stuff, so that would be too small for us. The 44 inch dinette allows us to have the coffee maker and some other stuff on the table and still have room for us.

The Escape 5th wheel is terrific! We need the bed of the truck to hold stuff during our travels, as we are amateur pickers. So that was our only problem with a 5th wheel. But we still came very close to buying one and our new carport is large enough to handle either the 5th wheel or a 21. Just like having a tow vehicle that can handle one size up in case you upgrade, I have learned the hard way that having a storage area that can handle a size or two larger is also the way to go (if you have the room).