Hi. I'm a 1986 Cadet owner - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-10-2015, 06:31 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Name: Veronique
Trailer: 1986 Cadet
Ontario
Posts: 2
Hi. I'm a 1986 Cadet owner

I just bought it a few days ago and can't wait to redo the interior. I won't be removing any cabinetry but will be recovering the walls and refacing the table and cabinets. Can you believe that one of the previous owners installed a camping toilet complete with drainage pipe!! I am thrilled. I love my little trailer and look forward to getting my projects started.
__________________

__________________
Veronique Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:45 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Posts: 1,037
Cadet toilet problem is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique Cooper View Post
I just bought it a few days ago and can't wait to redo the interior. I won't be removing any cabinetry but will be recovering the walls and refacing the table and cabinets. Can you believe that one of the previous owners installed a camping toilet complete with drainage pipe!! I am thrilled. I love my little trailer and look forward to getting my projects started.
: now you have to go to a Dump station to empty the holding tank??? but if you had just a porta-potti then you can go just about anywhere and dump the tank.
Stude
__________________

__________________
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:21 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Posts: 5,567
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique Cooper View Post
I just bought it a few days ago and can't wait to redo the interior. I won't be removing any cabinetry but will be recovering the walls and refacing the table and cabinets. Can you believe that one of the previous owners installed a camping toilet complete with drainage pipe!! I am thrilled. I love my little trailer and look forward to getting my projects started.
Welcome to the forum, congratulations on finding one of these little gems, and best wishes on your improvements! We'd love to see pictures as you go.
__________________
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Name: Veronique
Trailer: 1986 Cadet
Ontario
Posts: 2
No tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
: now you have to go to a Dump station to empty the holding tank??? but if you had just a porta-potti then you can go just about anywhere and dump the tank.
Stude
Hi there. We'll I'm finally done renovating the interior of my 1986 cadet. I will soon be posting before and after photos. To answer Stude's question about the toilet, there is no holding tank. It's really set up for sewer hookup.
__________________
Veronique Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:07 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Posts: 5,567
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique Cooper View Post
Hi there. We'll I'm finally done renovating the interior of my 1986 cadet. I will soon be posting before and after photos. To answer Stude's question about the toilet, there is no holding tank. It's really set up for sewer hookup.
Now I'm really curious, Veronique… I've never heard of such a thing in an RV. What kind of toilet is this? RV toilets typically use a relatively small amount of water to flush and depend on the liquids that build up in the holding tank to soften the solids and flush them out during a dump. Most people would find it very limiting, not to mention expensive, to camp only where there are sewer hookups.
__________________
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cadet

« Hello | HI everyone »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ON | 1986 Cadet For sale $2900. MrLennon Classified Archives 13 08-27-2013 07:41 PM
ON | 1986 cadet $2800, Beauty! MrLennon Classified Archives 9 07-19-2013 07:55 PM
BC | 1986 13' Cadet Camper Trailer - $1900-sold GTSSportCoupe Classified Archives 8 10-07-2012 03:21 PM
1986 13' Cadet Owner GTSSportCoupe Hi, I am.... 23 04-26-2012 09:02 PM
1986 Cadet Fiberglass front window replacement. Lois currie Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 13 08-17-2011 09:44 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.