Hi, I'm a newbie - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Welcome Shelly,
The conservation areas are a hit and miss in Ontario. One of our favourites is the Elora Gorge. There you have a choice of boondocking to full hookups. One year we tried their "sister" Conservation area downstream near Ayr after staying at Elora. We were so disappointed with what was available that weekend, we actually turned around and set up camp in Elora again. Part of the problem in recommending campgrounds is not knowing what you want or like. Some are OK with camping in rows a few feet from your neighbor. We prefer to have a bit of space and some form of shrubs / trees between us and our neighbours. One hint I can give you is that your Trill will fit onto many "tent only" sites. If you know your campground, you can usually reserve by phone rather than online since the online reservations will not allow you to put a trailer on a tent site.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #22

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Welcome Shelly to the (Old) Trillium trailers. What year is yours? I have just purchased a 78 1300, needs a little love and care but looking fwdg to my winter project.
We have a great Con/area near us here between St. Marys & Stratford Ont. "WILDWOOD" , lots of camping, lake and marina. Ontario has a lot of private camps also. Keep us informed of your trailers progress.
Ron
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #23

Name: nicholas
Trailer: still searching
South Carolina
new here , looking for 5th wheel

i am searching for a 5th wheel fiberglass camper, i live in sc , thanks guys
mrnick1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #24

Name: Shelley
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
welcome. well,, everyone knows theres no good places to camp in canada,,,so just come to michigan for good camping.
I'll try this again, John, I'm a techno idiot, so bear with me.
I love Michigan...have relatives there and spent a great deal of time at my Aunts place on the Ausable river in Oscoda.
Can you give me suggestions on good places to camp in Michigan?
Shelley Brinacombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #25

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRJR View Post
Welcome Shelly to the (Old) Trillium trailers. What year is yours? I have just purchased a 78 1300, needs a little love and care but looking fwdg to my winter project.
We have a great Con/area near us here between St. Marys & Stratford Ont. "WILDWOOD" , lots of camping, lake and marina. Ontario has a lot of private camps also. Keep us informed of your trailers progress.
Ron
Hey Ron, asked you to be my friend....hope that's cool. The old trillium owners have to stick together....besides, everyone knows that they built things better back in the day. I'm even thinking of dressing up in 70's style to match my trailer when camping. A 70's theme rally would be cool, especially if there was a dj spinning records of all the great music. All the best, Shelley
Old 03-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #26

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Hi Shelley
Friends we are. The wife and I have been camping since the 1960's. Had a soft top camper for 20 odd yrs, then a hardtop till last year, sold it (set up getting too much) got the itch again and "green grape" it is !
Still not sure how this site works as to placing photo and contact messages but learning.
Ron
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #27

Ontario
Thanks for your reply...don't think that the CA area was too damaged by the tornado...most damage in downtown Goderich.
Thinking about doing a road trip (sans trailer) to check it out and jot down some good site numbers.
I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #28

Ontario
Hi Ron: just learning how to navigate this site as well. I started camping as a kid with the neighbors and their pop-up. As an adult, did a lot of tent camping in Algonquin. moved up to buying a log home in Huntsville, Ontario.
Sold the cottage a couple of years ago and have been missing the north ever since.
Since I have a bad back, figured that tenting is a thing of the past, so bought the trillium.
I can't believe the excitement and love that people have for these little trailers.
It's going to be a learning experience, but I'm sure I'll struggle thru'
All the best. Shelley
Old 03-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #29

Ontario
Hi there: If you have not been to Sleeping Giant Provincial Park, on Lake Superior, I would highly rec'd it.....totally worth the long drive. Spent two weeks there last summer, in a cabin and loved the park. Sites available right on the water. It's on an inland lake, so not cold as Superior. Cheers, Shelley