Hi, I'm definitely a newbie here and to this concept of camping - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #21

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
When in the midwest, by all means stop by Scamp's facility in Minnesota.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Cool You could do a little shopping on your trip!

Here is a list of manufacturers that may be on or close to your way. You can decide if you want to swing by or not.

Little Joe - Henderson, Colorado 80640 - http://www.weiscrafttrailers.com/contactus.html

Scamp - 507 State 371 NW, Backus, MN 56435 - http://www.scamptrailers.com/Showroom.aspx

EggCamper - 3055 DIVISION SW GRANDVILLE, MI 49418 - LIGHTWEIGHT FIBERGLASS TRAVEL TRAILER

Oliver Travel Trailers, 609 Swan Ave, Hohenwald, IN - olivertraveltrailers.com - Home of the Oliver Legacy

Park Liner, Inc., 106 Railroad Ave Suite G, Gibsonville, NC 27249 - http://www.parkliner.com/contact-park-liner-camper-trailers/

(North Carolina may not be too far from your destination in PA.)

These are the ones that are not too far from your probable path to PA.
Not going to Slippery Rock are you? LOL

There are other mfgrs in BC (Escape), CA (Trillium), TX (Casita), GA (Lil Snoozy).

Have a good trip.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:11 AM   #23

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
Here is a list of manufacturers that may be on or close to your way. You can decide if you want to swing by or not.

Little Joe - Henderson, Colorado 80640 - http://www.weiscrafttrailers.com/contactus.html

Scamp - 507 State 371 NW, Backus, MN 56435 - http://www.scamptrailers.com/Showroom.aspx

EggCamper - 3055 DIVISION SW GRANDVILLE, MI 49418 - LIGHTWEIGHT FIBERGLASS TRAVEL TRAILER

Oliver Travel Trailers, 609 Swan Ave, Hohenwald, IN - olivertraveltrailers.com - Home of the Oliver Legacy

Park Liner, Inc., 106 Railroad Ave Suite G, Gibsonville, NC 27249 - http://www.parkliner.com/contact-park-liner-camper-trailers/

(North Carolina may not be too far from your destination in PA.)

These are the ones that are not too far from your probable path to PA.
Not going to Slippery Rock are you? LOL

There are other mfgrs in BC (Escape), CA (Trillium), TX (Casita), GA (Lil Snoozy).

Have a good trip.
Hey thanks for this info. I'm liking the looks of the ParkLiner, but of course I'd need to buy that new since it's new. Price is right though. So far the contenders without actually being able to step foot in one would be the Scamp and Casita but the ParkLiner is in there I think. Don't know about the EggCamper. I've already kicked out the Little Joe and the CA companies and Olivers not building right now it looks like.

Data overload. Time to rest.
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:58 AM   #24

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
It would seem that the best thing for you to do would be continue your research, pick out a couple of the fiberglass trailers that interest you, visit the factories, then order exactly what you want after being able to actually look at the units and evaluate the options. You'd do no less if you were looking for a new home, don't short cut this process as it is the equivalent of your next home. Pick the exact unit with the options you need and want! Good luck, Ron
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #25

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
It would seem that the best thing for you to do would be continue your research, pick out a couple of the fiberglass trailers that interest you, visit the factories, then order exactly what you want after being able to actually look at the units and evaluate the options. You'd do no less if you were looking for a new home, don't short cut this process as it is the equivalent of your next home. Pick the exact unit with the options you need and want! Good luck, Ron
Sage advice. I definitely intend to visit a couple factories and look. Knowing how I think I will probably end up ordering a new one simply because I like NEW.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #26

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
Hello and welcome to my state of confusion.
Don't need a lot of space. I'm used to cramped quarters Don't need things (except my computer & cell phone). Thinking about a 13'er or maybe 16'. Needs a toilet/shower since I plan to full time in it. Browsed the Internet looking at Casita, Scamps, Burro's and not any further ahead of the game. I'll be towing with a 2008 GMC Acadia with tow package so I don't think any of those will be a problem.

Perhaps I should actually post this someplace other than the Welcome area but just trying to get some direction.

Hey, thanks in advance and I'm liking what I see here.

Hope to soon be on the road.

Cheers.
Nick
The 17' boler has a washroom and some have hot water with a combo shower/toilet. They come in SG side gaucho and RG rear gaucho (couch/bed combo) I like the rear better but it is a mater of choice and weight stock. Trailer weights; very light ranging from 2162 lbs to 2560 lbs depending on configuration and features with water and propane full and with out clothing food etc. Down side hard to find but if you see one, include it in your list to look at.
They maybe old but many have been well cared for.

Not shure if still available but check link below

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...rta-45864.html
Old 05-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #27

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Nick a 15' B plan Escape is another very popular trailer on both sides of the border if you are wanting a bathroom:
15 Foot Escape

If you get a chance to attend the Bandon, Oregon meet in July you would be able to see a lot of the Escape models. Will be intreasting to see the numbers attending this year as last year I seem to recall that it was getting close to topping the list of trailer brands there in sheer numbers.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #28

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Nick a 15' B plan Escape is another very popular trailer on both sides of the border if you are wanting a bathroom:
15 Foot Escape

If you get a chance to attend the Bandon, Oregon meet in July you would be able to see a lot of the Escape models. Will be intreasting to see the numbers attending this year as last year I seem to recall that it was getting close to topping the list of trailer brands there in sheer numbers.
Thanks so much for the heads up. Unfortunately (or fortunately however you want to look at it) I'll be in the midwest at that time. Probably in PA or perhaps MO, or I could be trucking down to NC to take a look at the ParkLiner or IN MN looking at Scamps.

Lot of traveling without a new home to take with me.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #29

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
The 17' boler has a washroom and some have hot water with a combo shower/toilet. They come in SG side gaucho and RG rear gaucho (couch/bed combo) I like the rear better but it is a mater of choice and weight stock. Trailer weights; very light ranging from 2162 lbs to 2560 lbs depending on configuration and features with water and propane full and with out clothing food etc. Down side hard to find but if you see one, include it in your list to look at.
They maybe old but many have been well cared for.

Not shure if still available but check link below

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...rta-45864.html
Thanks for the heads up Borden. Doubt that I will have an opportunity to pursue this.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #30

Trailer: 2009 Escape ('Suite Escape')
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
Just read the rest of your post. Bend would be a little tough for me to get to right now. I'm in the process of packing and getting ready to move all my stuff to my sons, but still working for another 3 weeks. Thanks for the heads up. If I get a chance I might give them a call to see if they still have it and drive over. Nice drive this time of year.

Welcome Nick,
If you come to California, there are a few Escapes to look at. Check out their info, and see if one of them may be of interest to you.
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #31

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
Welcome Nick,
If you come to California, there are a few Escapes to look at. Check out their info, and see if one of them may be of interest to you.
Thank you.