Hi! I'm Dena & hopefully about to become a lil bigfoot owner! - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #43

Name: Dee
Trailer: Currently shopping
Saskatchewan
Registry
thanks mike for the axle info. totally get it now

another question for whoever can answer. i have been googling a bunch of 1987 13' lil bigfoot photos, just to make comparisons and such. i have found a difference on all the others and my potental one.
this is what the google ones show...

and this is "mine"

what are those two venty things (yes i am most technical with my terms hahaha) that are not located on mine?

Old 08-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #44

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by denabear View Post
what are those two venty things (yes i am most technical with my terms hahaha) that are not located on mine?
Refrigerator vents.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #45

Saskatchewan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Refrigerator vents.

so if this trailer is lacking fridge vents then how can it possibly have a working fridge, which owners claim? Is it safe to assume that previous owners may have removed the vents which would explain the paint job on bottom??? Or would it somehow have come without them which just doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #46

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by denabear View Post
so if this trailer is lacking fridge vents then how can it possibly have a working fridge, which owners claim? Is it safe to assume that previous owners may have removed the vents which would explain the paint job on bottom??? Or would it somehow have come without them which just doesn't make any sense to me.
Maybe someone more familiar with Big Foots can answer. One explanation would be an all electric refrigerator that vents to the interior.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #47

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
My guess is that it has a working ice box

Nancy
Old 08-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #48

Saskatchewan
Registry
If you look at the photos the fridge looks like the original fridge. I think I'm driving myself crazy because its tomorrow!! I so want this to be "my" camper. Lol
Old 08-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #49

Saskatchewan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
My guess is that it has a working ice box

Nancy
Ding ding ding... We have a winner. Heard back from seller. They apologized for not being clear enough. Stated that The fridge is only an ICEBOX. It has a furnace And a cook top stove. Also said that her father says the awning is there but mother says its not. Shall be a surprise when I get there tomorrow lol. Would kinda explain the bottom paint job, if they removed the fridge vents and did some fixing up then painted over???? Anyway fridge mystery solved!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #50

I'll place another bet. I think the ice box is original.

We ordered our scamp without the fridge. One reason was that I did not want the vents that would allow spiders, mosquito, etc into the trailer. I also figured it was one less place for water to enter. We did not get the ice box either as I wanted the space. Ice cooler works for us.

Good luck with your day tomorrow.

Nancy
Old 08-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #51

I also think the bottom color is original. The stripe is still there.

Nancy
Old 08-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #52

Saskatchewan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
I'll place another bet. I think the ice box is original.

We ordered our scamp without the fridge. One reason was that I did not want the vents that would allow spiders, mosquito, etc into the trailer. I also figured it was one less place for water to enter. We did not get the ice box either as I wanted the space. Ice cooler works for us.

Good luck with your day tomorrow.

Nancy
Ding ding ding!!! You are on a roll today Nancy. Seller just emailed that indeed it came with the ice box originally. Maybe you should buy a lotto ticket lol

But

They said previously when asked about the two tone colour that the previous owners had painted the bottom half and they had the auto body shop paint tongue box to match the bottom.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #53

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
LOL it's a good thing you are going there tomorrow.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #54

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Sorry I called your Lil' Bigfoot a Casita. I had the straight door in mind when I was typing however now that I think about Casita never put the straight door on 13 or 16 footers, only on the 17's.

Well there could be lots of reasons for painting, one that comes to mind..........'cause they wanted to.

People like the looks of Bolers which mostly are 2 toned. We have quite a few people on this site that have painted their trailers a variety of colors and patterns. So who knows why, probably isn't important.

And the trailer most likely never fridge just an ice box. Fridge is one of those turns that gets used freely.
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #55

Saskatchewan
Registry
mike - yes indeed it is a very good thing that i get to go tomorrow. now only if i could get off the internet and go to sleep lol

joy - no worries, i could never get any of them straight lol. as for the paint, i dont reallt care one way or another as long as its in good shape.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:11 AM   #56

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Yes, get off the computer and go get that trailer.

I did notice yesterday you responded to my 2:00am post immediately and it struck me that it had to be maybe 4:00am in Saska.

So get to bed.

Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot, lil bigfoot