Hi! I'm Dena & hopefully about to become a lil bigfoot owner! - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #71

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
Washington
This looks like a fun project. When you get around to the paint removal part of the project you might try a pressure washer or better yet a hot water pressure washer to get the old paint off. I have rented a hot water pressure washer and they will get paint off of many hard surfaces.

Good luck- have fun

Old 08-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #72

Name: Dee
Trailer: Currently shopping
Saskatchewan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
This looks like a fun project. When you get around to the paint removal part of the project you might try a pressure washer or better yet a hot water pressure washer to get the old paint off. I have rented a hot water pressure washer and they will get paint off of many hard surfaces.

Good luck- have fun
Thanks for the tip. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with it all but will get started eventually lol

Old 08-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #73

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Dena, camping season is short and getting shorter every day. Don't worry about the way it looks. If it's safe to go down the road, get out and ENJOY before the summer is over.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #74

Saskatchewan
Registry
Donna

That's the thing. It towed home easy Peasy but I personally have no idea on how safe it is. Need someone with knowledge to ck it out and see just not sure who or where to get it looked at.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #75

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
[QUOTE=denabear;413181]Thanks Donna! So you are saying that the creamy colour of top of shell and what is showing under bad white paint job is just gel coating and nothing else? is that a good thing in regards to repainting or does it not really matter in the grand scheme of things?? Either way, i am very thankful for this forum because i truly have no clue what to do and where to start and i am so over my head already but strangely excited about it all

Dena welcome and congrats on the new trailer. Great find and great price! Donna is correct the original gelcoat is the yellow that appears on top. It also may have been that the trailer had brown/gold strips original to it as well. Here is a photo of a 1988 Lil Bigfoot with a yellow body in original state for reference.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #76

Name: Peter
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Alberta
Welcome Dena

I have inherited the family Trillium 1300, and it looked a lot worse than yours.
A little elbow grease, and some wax, and TLC, looks real good now.
Had it out a couple of weeks ago for the shakedown, everything worked well, now we are headed for Penticton.
And the Camaro will be towing this time...
Old 09-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #77

Saskatchewan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post

Dena welcome and congrats on the new trailer. Great find and great price! Donna is correct the original gelcoat is the yellow that appears on top. It also may have been that the trailer had brown/gold strips original to it as well. Here is a photo of a 1988 Lil Bigfoot with a yellow body in original state for reference.
Thanks Carol, I loved looking at the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psinfield View Post
Welcome Dena

I have inherited the family Trillium 1300, and it looked a lot worse than yours.
A little elbow grease, and some wax, and TLC, looks real good now.
Had it out a couple of weeks ago for the shakedown, everything worked well, now we are headed for Penticton.
And the Camaro will be towing this time...
Thanks Peter,
I am hoping that i can get my butt in gear and get some work done before the dreaded snow hits us and we are stuck in a frozen wasteland for 6 months lol
Old 07-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #78

Saskatchewan
Registry
if anyone is interested i started a new thread about the first trip to a mechanic and all the hastle i forsee in getting the axle fixed and everything else that may or may not need doing.,.,.

Lil Bigfoot 13' needs new axle

Tags
bigfoot, lil bigfoot