Hi I'm Elaine from Victoria, BC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-03-2015, 11:34 AM   #1

Name: Elaine
Trailer: Currently Shopping
British Columbia
Hi I'm Elaine from Victoria, BC

This site is amazing for information. I am currently shopping and researching to purchase my first fiberglass. I am hoping to purchase either a 13' Trillium or Boler. I currently tow a Century popup camper and it has been great but I want to make camping life with my son even simpler with my first fiberglass I look forward to any suggestions anyone might have for me. I currently drive a Toyota Matrix that has a towing capacity of 1500 lbs so I hope I am going in the right direction with the Trillium and Boler. Thanks in advance for any input!
LaneyinBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:41 PM   #2

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
hi.....

I'm in Courtenay....I'm sure I saw a Boler (think it was down your way) yeaterday on Kijiji.....but it's not there anymore....they never seem to last long these FG trailers....

here's one but it's too far away.....it's another one that would work with your Matrix......not many of those still around....and that's a pretty darn good price to boot...

10ft 1974 Ventura in great condition!!! | travel trailers, campers | Prince George | Kijiji

good hunting...(when you see one you better act fast and go see it pronto)
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #3

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Hi Elaine,
Welcome, There is an Bolerama at Living Forest Campground in Nanaimo on June 26th - 28th. If you would like to come and see some trailers first hand and be able to ask lots of questions, come and join us. You could visit on Sat am, or come and camp with us. (You do not have to be in a fg to camp with us.) If you would like to know more message me, or check out Island Bolers and Friends Facebook page.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Before buying anything be sure to get it weighed. Builders & Owners statements about weight have little value and, with a 1500 lb limit, as you will be adding at least 300 lbs in "Stuff" you will have to be very careful. Take a look in the "Real World Weights" in the general chat forum and you will see more realistic "ready to go" weights.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:13 AM   #5

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Colorado
I agree with Bob here. I had a small lightweight Teardrop camper for years and towed it with a Matrix. It was fine on the level, but going up any sort of hill was awful. First gear and ignore the burning clutch smell was the rule...! I believe there are hills out your way, so I would definitely check this out. For example, does your matrix have the larger engine, the 2.5 litre? That might work better.
ckayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:33 AM   #6

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Before buying anything be sure to get it weighed. Builders & Owners statements about weight have little value and, with a 1500 lb limit, as you will be adding at least 300 lbs in "Stuff" you will have to be very careful. Take a look in the "Real World Weights" in the general chat forum and you will see more realistic "ready to go" weights.

Excellent point. The 'real world weights' section is a good resource. Hitting a scale is even better. Our MCOO says our trailer weighs 3100 lbs. I hit a scale in Idaho on our way home and found that it actually weighed 3460 when underway. That was with a moderately small amount of "stuff" inside, a half empty fridge, and empty tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV