Hi, I'm Erin, Qs about adding a bunk & painting - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-04-2016, 03:33 PM   #1

Name: Erin
Trailer: trillium
New Mexico
Hi, I'm Erin, Qs about adding a bunk & painting

My husband and I have 3 young kids and we just became the proud owners of a 1978 Trillium 4500!!! We're fixing it up and renovating the interior. So far we've been working on the door hinges (which were breaking off), the towing equipment, and general cleaning. Our model used to have the extra 3/4 size child bunk over the rear dinette. It still has the hardware mounted on each side of the 2 side windows, but no brackets or bunk pieces. Does anyone have those pieces they would like to sell, or advice on how to make them ourselves? We need one more bed to sleep our whole family. We're also going to paint the interior white, do you recommend spraying or rolling?
Thanks very much, and here's a few pics! We've named her Orla -- which means golden princess (;
Attached Thumbnails
New Trillium 6-2016 004-S.jpg   New Trillium 6-2016 010-S.jpg  

trillilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:28 AM   #2

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Hi, Erin. Welcome to FGRV!

Inside? Recommend rolling with lots of careful masking first. Spraying has overspray, always, and unless you mask every single thing, you will have overspray where you don't want it.

Plus you need to wear at least a dust mask while spraying, but you don't need to while rolling.

And rolling allows you to "work it in" better, in a way forcing the paint into crevices while spraying has a tendency to skim over the top.

(Long time house renovator, remodeler, owner and renovator of a glass motorcycle trailer, Shelly, and a 1973 amerigo, Peanut, we finished on July 3rd, 2016 after nine solid months of redoing--and former seamstress and before that interior designer/instructor, retired. )

Looks like a nice trailer.
Happy camping!

YMMV

(Your Mileage May Vary--meaning this is MY opinion, yours and others' may be different.)

Tags
paint, painting